Speaking of the check swing

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2969 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Oy.

Easy solution: go to 6 man crews but move the outfield/line guys from their useless positions 10 feet behind U1/U3 and put them in those tennis judge folding chairs in line with the plate like they want. Done.

• Like 1

They can't even agree when he goes or not in a slow-mo whiffle ball situation.  

We live in a world where the 24 hour cable media generates controversy so that they'll have something to talk about...where everyone is a victim...where men in authority are questioned just because it is popular...and where personal responsibility is non-existent.  

MLB channel is just like CNN or FoxNews...they have time to fill and nothing to talk about...so they gin up junk like this to create a feeding frenzy.  God I miss when the pros played real baseball with real umpires.

• Like 6

They can't even agree when he goes or not in a slow-mo whiffle ball situation.  

We live in a world where the 24 hour cable media generates controversy so that they'll have something to talk about...where everyone is a victim...where men in authority are questioned just because it is popular...and where personal responsibility is non-existent.  

MLB channel is just like CNN or FoxNews...they have time to fill and nothing to talk about...so they gin up junk like this to create a feeding frenzy.  God I miss when the pros played real baseball with real umpires.

​and that will now solidify my SECOND for your nomination for Member of the Month! :D

• Like 1

If the call had been the other way, then the other manager would have been tossed and the talking heads would be blaming the umpires for that as well.

If the call had been the other way, that would have been A-Rod tossed, and how would a tossed A-Rod been a bad thing? ;)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The press boys are too stupid to go interview an umpire and ask him, so they become actors with a Lego ball field in their street clothes and look like total clowns.

Any nominations for the academy award for best baseball manager over-actor? Had that been a high school coach putting on an act like that, I'd have reminded him that he's 10 seconds from a forfeit, then said, "Nine. Eight. Seven. Six..."  Major leagues, and on television, gotta remember it improves the ratings and sells beer. Ahem...so I give him the Stink Eye and send him a private letter that reads, "You owe me and my crew 6 barbecues. Steak, potatoes, and oh yeah, boiled lobster. You're buying."

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2016 at 2:47 AM, Gil: Owner - UEFL said:

New Rule: A panel of nine fans decides whether the batter swung on a check swing call a la the Supreme Court.

And with me joining the conversation, I believe we now have 4 of the 9 in this thread.