Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3236 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

+POS Umpire Equipment

You guys remember +POS, right? No? Ah, new to umpiring? +POS has been around for at least a few decades as a "boutique" umpire (and other sports official) gear producer. In no way can it rival the mass produced quantities of a Wilson or an All-Star, but its real strength resides in innovation. Dan (founder) is a true gear engineer, and several of his designs have found their way into the production pieces for several of the "big guys".

Recently, +POS rolled out a new website, and most of their catalog is currently on sale! That's significant discounts on the Mag-T magnesium alloy, 14oz mask, the iconic Zero-G mask, the Zero-G Chest Protector (doesn't a Douglas look alot like it? Hmmm), and select jackets.

Oh, and while not on sale per se, the Zero-G mask makes an appearance as a naked frame! Get an iconic mask, throw a harness on it (they've got harnesses there for $3, seriously) and put your own pads – TWs, Wilson MFs, just about anything other than the Diamond stock pads – on it, and you've got a top-notch mask!

Keep things POSitive!

I used to have plus pos resin mask, armor cp and shins. When I got back into umpiring after 14 years out last year I was surprised plus pos was no longer the top of the line. I now have two of their featherweight masks with Wilson memory foam pads. And I love them. 

Edited by mbkcoach

Which one, @Tksjewelry? The MAG-T Magnesium is 14.7oz and the ZRO-G tube Steel is 16.1oz. That's for a complete mask "system". Frame alone is understandably less.

Your Diamond is an iX3, and is aluminum (just not blatantly advertised as aluminum). The original iX3's were so freakin' light not only because they were (and are still) aluminum, but the pads were so vaporous and pathetic. Now, with more robust pads, the overall mask system is a bit, but not much, heavier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a time early in my career when everything I owned was +POS.  

​i live near their warehouse and early on in my career they use to have a big garage sale. They had everything. I would buy all of my gear from them those first few years. I still use a +POS black shirt that is cheese paper thin for hot days.

Edited by Mr Ump

• 2 weeks later...

@MadMax - has their customer service, shipping time, product availability, etc, improved as well from a few years ago?  When I got started umpiring 16 years ago, I owned a few +POS products, and live close.  They were great.  I took quite a few years off, and when I tried ordering something about 3-4 years ago phone was not answered, email wasn't answered, order didn't get processed or wasn't available, or something similar.  I've heard a lot of horror stories the last few years.  I'm really hoping they've fixed these issues as I would love to buy local, I buy as much local as I can!

@MadMax - has their customer service, shipping time, product availability, etc, improved as well from a few years ago? [snip]... I've heard a lot of horror stories the last few years.  I'm really hoping they've fixed these issues as I would love to buy local, I buy as much local as I can!

Great timing on your question. I just ordered a new ZRO-G mask frame from +POS so I've got a (third) spare ready to go in case my primary Nike NRS takes another wallop before or during CDP. The site was completely overhauled, and Dan did explain in another topic thread that he's addressed and remedied those product and service management issues.

Let's see how this turns out!