new to the forum

duels23
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3267 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

been reading this forum for a while, but am just now registering.

i'm a high school baseball coach, but i umpire youth/little league ball in the summer (and in the late-spring when my h.s season ends).  i've been umpiring for 4 years now.  i've umpired a lot of usssa tourney ball and some little league ball.  i've found that i greatly prefer calling little league games - better pay and much more laid back people to deal with....way too many idiots out there "coaching" their kids in tournament ball each weekend.

moving to michigan and moving out of the classroom and into an administration job (principal or athletic director) next year, so i will be getting out of coaching high school ball. at that point, i'm going to call high school games and maybe even look at working the college level (juco/naia/etc...)  at some point down the road.

anybody live in the detroit/ann arbor metro area or in the grand rapids area?  if so, what's the umpiring like - at all levels - youth, high school, small college?

thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic