Question about eye black in girls Fastpitch

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3268 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Guest Jmason

I have been though a couple tournaments now. One ASA and one NSA. They are telling my girls (12U) they can only have straight lines under their eyes. Is this really a rule??

The girls like to mimic what the see the college girls doing and we've been asked to wipe it off twice now. They aren't doing anything offensive.

9 answers to this question

NFHS...one stripe......under each eye....

No ultimate warrior faces.....had a kid do a mustache and goatee out of it as well.........he wiped it off....

​Rec ball team the Giants. Back when Brian Wilson was a thing. There was a kid who always did the full beard when he came in to pitch. I mean that's just kids having fun. I'm not going to OOO at that level.

A few years ago when I still called for the NCHSAA they banned "War Paint" as intimidation if I recall correctly. Now 1 horizontal line under each eye. 

@DVA7130 I wouldn't want to be OOO either, and other than some kids looking absurd it's nothing to me. But we have to enforce the rules as written even if we think they are ridiculous. 

• Like 1

A few years ago when I still called for the NCHSAA they banned "War Paint" as intimidation if I recall correctly. Now 1 horizontal line under each eye. 

@DVA7130 I wouldn't want to be OOO either, and other than some kids looking absurd it's nothing to me. But we have to enforce the rules as written even if we think they are ridiculous. 

​Good thing I don't touch softball.