Ebay finds

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1966 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

5 hours ago, MadMax said:

Aluminum? I wasn't aware that Rawlings ever made an aluminum mask.

Either this guy doesn't know what he has, or he does know, and knows that there is "fear" in the market regarding Titanium masks...

... which that one is.

I think he means titanium 

He may mean Titanium, but that's not what he stated in the listing. He states it's Aluminum.., twice... which means he doesn't know what he has.

... or does, and is misrepresenting it.

Which brings to mind a certain "Umpire Expert" holding a FM4000 out in front of a crowded room of umpires claiming, repeatedly, that this is a titanium mask. Or what Diamond did to increase the popularity of the DFM-iX3-UMP – never state what it is made of and offer it in a Titanium color.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARKWORT-Catcher-Umpire-Mask-W-TINTED-UPPER-LENS-NICE-/371873702227?hash=item5695666153:g:ydoAAOSw~AVYrPC8

It's a Honigs K-4, "weathered" from silver back to "raw" hollow steel, with black leather pads... and yes, it includes a Markwort visor. Obviously, the seller does not know gear.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, MadMax said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARKWORT-Catcher-Umpire-Mask-W-TINTED-UPPER-LENS-NICE-/371873702227?hash=item5695666153:g:ydoAAOSw~AVYrPC8

It's a Honigs K-4, "weathered" from silver back to "raw" hollow steel, with black leather pads... and yes, it includes a Markwort visor. Obviously, the seller does not know gear.

That could be a fun one to send off to mask it... I've put my bid in.

54 minutes ago, midtnump said:

BUYER BEWARE! ANOTHER NIKE SCAMMER! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-PRO-Titanium-Mask-Pads-And-Harness-With-Wilson-Ti-LOW-PROFILE-umpire-Mask-/351997455366?hash=item51f4aeec06:g:c5MAAOSwXYtYu2E

Looks like they bought some Nike pads and put them in a damaged Wilson TI frame and trying to pass it off as a new Nike.

Um.. he says it is the nike pads with the Wilson Ti frame.... 

I'd say the bigger issue is that he wants a starting bid of $210 for a dented Wilson TI

Always nice of them to point out when they are trying to sell something damaged for full price (plus some.)

Also... it isn't like this mask it hard to come by in New-Veiw. But since "all the minor league guys are trying to find it" maybe we should all buy one.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/23/2015 at 0:23 PM, gnhbua93 said:

I realize that this is nearly two years old, but I had to go look.   It's been relisted, and the seller still has three available.   Better hurry !  These won't last !  

Oh my....   :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Interesting..... it appears that the shinguard has been autographed by Bob Davidson.  Maybe I'll ask him if it's authentic.     And that mask..... :o   that mask!   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Wow! I saw a guy with the old composite resin mask at a LL clinic this spring.

But the crown jewel there has got to be the BB2000!