Umpire School Questions

Guest Teenjunkie92
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2862 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Guest Teenjunkie92

I loved all the stories on Umpire Schools this year, Does anyone know the following answers to these questions?

1. How many students attended Harry's and The Umpire School?

2, How many went to the evaluation camps/school/How many were offered jobs?

3. Does anyone know if the man who lost 100 lbs then attended Harrys made it to the evaluation camp?

(Great story, look it up Allan Park)

87 attended TUS, and I heard from a student at Harry's that they had over 120.

27 from TUS went on to the eval course, not sure how many from Harry's. Not sure how many they hired from each school. I heard from a student that 15 went to rookie league, and another 15 went to short A, but I'm not sure I understood exactly what he meant.

Sounds like Allan Park is a great story

Guest Teenjunkie92

Thanks JonnyCat!

I loved your daily post on your experience at The Umpire School. Sounds very similar to Jim Evans school I attended in 92/94 while I was both 18 and 20 years old. While I never made it Pro. I would not take back those 2 years and would attend again in a heartbeat. The experience was worth a lifetime. Thank you again for the stories!

The final number I heard on Wendelstedt was 142. This could be off though, and I'm guessing it includes their two week students as well... 28 went to the eval course from WUS.

I will check with some friends on that story and get back to you. I don't personally know him.

Here you go:

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2015/01/28/news/doc54c3051ad5205814885620.txt?viewmode=fullstory

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2015 at 4:21 PM, Guest Guest said:

Thanks for all the replies back. I hope that student Allan Park made it to the development camp, if anyone hears, please post it. Great story!

No offense intended - just for the record, his name is Matt Cowen. The story line is from a geographical area called Allen Park, but we are none the less inspired by his determination and success. Great job. Matt!

No offense intended - just for the record, his name is Matt Cowen. The story line is from a geographical area called Allen Park, but we are none the less inspired by his determination and success. Great job. Matt!

No offense intended - I'm so happy to know this information 13 months later...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Matt Cowen opens as the BU with Reed Basner as the PU in the New York Penn League Tonight as the Tri-City ValleyCats host the Connecticut Tigers in Troy, NY.

update--game over 6/17/2016

Tri-City 13 Connecticut 1.

Time: 3:07       297 pitches.

No ejections.

update 6/18/2016

Cowens plate job went 3:30 tonight as Connecticut won 9-5 to even the series.

17 hits, 18 walks (9 for each side), 3 errors in the game.

Last year 2015

Matt Cowan made the Reserve List last year (2015) and therefor went to the Coastal Plains League

He opened up on May 26, 2015 with High Point Thomasville versus Gastonia at Sims Legion Park in Gastonia, North Carolina, with his partner Kyle Nichol in 84 degree weather.

He worked the Plate in a game that started at 7:21 pm and finished 2:51 later with the home team Gastonia winning 5-4.

On June 25, 2015 he opened in Arizona at Camel Back Ranch for the Reds/Dodgers game in the Arizona League in 107 degree weather working as the BU in a 2:20 minute game in which the home team Dodgers won.

• Like 1