Sidebar conversations tool

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3407 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Guys I've created a new tool for the forum. I believe this will be a win-win situation for all different types of users.

One of the number one complaints I get about the site is that topics get hijacked and the truly useful information gets hidden in the sidebar conversations. And I have to admit this happens often.

However, one of the things people also like most about the site is the atmosphere and being able to just BS with their fellow umpires.

Obviously these 2 things can be, and often are, at odds with each other. So here is my solution...

Sidebars.

If you are in a thread and want to make a sidebar type topic you can use the sidebar tool to hide it. This way those who want to give others a jab in the ribs or make an off topic comment can do so, and those who are more content oriented can easily skip over the sidebar conversations and get the information they are looking for. 

Here is how it works...

If you would like to make an off topic comment in a thread please place it in sidebar brackets. You will need to both open and close the bracket. Here is the what it would look like:

[sidebar]Warren blew that call so bad Kim Kardashian was jealous of his ability to blow [/sidebar]

It will appear like this:

Sidebar

A reader would have to click the "show" button if they were interested in the sidebar. 

I hope you both use and enjoy this feature.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic