Register or Sign In to remove these ads
catrasca

Hello from Australia

Quick post to say g'day and wet my feet a little in the forums.

After playing for nearly 30 years, the call came out from our Umpire Director that our league needed more blue in its ranks. Being a small league in remote Australia, all teams had to have a couple of guys sign up to do the accreditation. Hesitantly (at the time) i put my hand up for our club.

Well almost a year later i find myself just as exited to take the field to umpire, as I do to play. I am always looking for that bit of info to further my knowledge and improve my umpiring, and have become a part of a close knit group of guys that make up our third team.

As quite the newbie I will probably not post as much as i will read comments and absorb knowledge. In saying that I have already plated the longest game in our local league's history and officiated in local, state and even international games.

I look forward to being part of the Empire.

Cat from down under, welcome. Love hearing how baseball is the same and different in other places.

Good onya! Welcome to the world of being unappreciated. Like bogans at a black tie dinner.

G'day, mate. Glad you're aboard. Aussies often do well in ump attire as they usually already have thick skin. :beerbang It is my sincere hope that you get to an excellent umpire school somewhere. Little League has a week-long school (used to be about $200.00 USD) in Western Region Headquarters in Riverside, California. Last I heard, only one Pro School now, that's in Florida -Wendelstedt's school is 5 or 6 weeks long. Get to every clinic you can first. Hook up with multi-sport officials, you get the right attitude quick. GOOD LUCK!

13 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

@Umpire in Chief , clean up on aisle 5 please.

I've banned him his IP and the system is automatically removing his posts. It seems to be taking a little longer than I expected.

• Like 3