State Uniform Policy

yawetag
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2784 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

$55 for a shirt you can get elsewhere for cheaper is ridiculous. Yes, their sublimating it, but that is less expensive than embroidery generally speaking. They are completely taking advantage of their officials.

I don't know when I've ever seen a umpires shirt in that price range.

Man, and I get annoyed having to pay $18 for a hat with the association name on it. I couldnt imagine being required to amost double the cost for a shirt color I'm not a fan of.

$55 for a shirt you can get elsewhere for cheaper is ridiculous. Yes, their sublimating it, but that is less expensive than embroidery generally speaking. They are completely taking advantage of their officials.

Man, and I get annoyed having to pay $18 for a hat with the association name on it. I couldnt imagine being required to amost double the cost for a shirt color I'm not a fan of.

And it sucks for guys that like the long-sleeved shirt. Not available in the new style.

What is the pay for HS ball in VA?

Varsity:  $75.00

JV:  $65.00

Babe Ruth:  $70 or $75

Sr. Legion:  $80.00

Jr. Legion: $65.00

USSSA:  $50.00

HS Fall Ball: $65.00

$55 for a shirt you can get elsewhere for cheaper is ridiculous. Yes, their sublimating it, but that is less expensive than embroidery generally speaking. They are completely taking advantage of their officials.   I don't know when I've ever seen a umpires shirt in that price range.
What is the pay for HS ball in VA?     Varsity:  $75.00 JV:  $65.00 Babe Ruth:  $70 or $75 Sr. Legion:  $80.00 Jr. Legion: $65.00 USSSA:  $50.00 HS Fall Ball: $65.00 I need to move there!

Here's the association in CT I'll be joining this year: Uniform Regulations Black and Charcoal (Default Uniform) Pants - Charcoal Gray (Gerry Davis Only) Shirt - Black with white stripes, short or long sleeve T-shirt/Turtleneck - Black Jacket - Black with white stripes Fitted Hat - Black Ball Bags - Black Socks - Black Belt - Black Shoes - Predominantly black (white stripes or trim is fine) State Patch - attached to the left breast pocket or equivalent location, (available at our meetings) PS: Varsity $87.12 per ump per game; Sub-Varsity $56.63 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Is TX going to allow the pro style black and lt blue shirts this year?  The past 2 years, we've worked split crews in the playoffs and lots of guys asked us if we had them.

They are allowed by our chapter in Beaumont and the state website allows them.  Who is telling you that you can't wear pro blue?  Black is the new official TASO base color effective in 2015 or 2016.  So, that is clearly allowed. 

Missouri is definitely antiquated when it comes to uniforms, but I would throw a fit if they made people buy $55 sublimated umpire shirts.  That takes some real balls to mandate that people spend over $100 for a couple of shirts for high school baseball.  

• Like 1

Missouri is definitely antiquated when it comes to uniforms, but I would throw a fit if they made people buy $55 sublimated umpire shirts.  That takes some real balls to mandate that people spend over $100 for a couple of shirts for high school baseball.  

All in how much you get paid.

All in how much you get paid.

Is Alabama (Or whoever it was, I forgot now) paying $80-$90 per game?  I just don't like that state governing bodies are using umpires to make a profit.  

What is the pay for HS ball in VA?

Varsity:  $75.00

JV:  $65.00

Babe Ruth:  $70 or $75

Sr. Legion:  $80.00

Jr. Legion: $65.00

USSSA:  $50.00

HS Fall Ball: $65.00

The good life.

The most I'll make per game this year is $55 working a couple Pastime tournaments.

Columbus, OH rates:

Varsity: $50

JV: $40

Freshman: $38

Middle School: $38

U10 or lower travel: $50 (one-man)

U11 to U12: $45 to $50

U13+: $50

Tournaments: $45-$55

Here's the association in CT I'll be joining this year: Uniform Regulations Black and Charcoal (Default Uniform) Pants - Charcoal Gray (Gerry Davis Only) Shirt - Black with white stripes, short or long sleeve T-shirt/Turtleneck - Black Jacket - Black with white stripes Fitted Hat - Black Ball Bags - Black Socks - Black Belt - Black Shoes - Predominantly black (white stripes or trim is fine) State Patch - attached to the left breast pocket or equivalent location, (available at our meetings) PS: Varsity $87.12 per ump per game; Sub-Varsity $56.63 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well, there's one way to ensure @mstaylor never works games in CT!

FWIW, in the Orange County HS unit, the uniform requirements are:

If you are working alone, any professional umpire shirt color is acceptable. If you are working with a partner, any professional umpire shirt color you agree on is acceptable. If you can’t agree, you should wear the Default Uniform: Black shirt [no numbers], black or white undershirt, black fitted cap [plain, no logos], black shoes, black socks, black belt. Your outer garment, whether a shirt, jacket or otherwise, must display the official CBUA patch either on or directly above the left breast pocket [or where the pocket would be on a garment without a pocket] for every game. Violation of this policy may result in removal of remaining games on your schedule. Dark Gray umpire slacks, –not heather gray.
  • Like 1

If you are working alone, any professional umpire shirt color is acceptable. If you are working with a partner, any professional umpire shirt color you agree on is acceptable. If you can’t agree, you should wear the Default Uniform: Black shirt [no numbers], black or white undershirt, black fitted cap [plain, no logos], black shoes, black socks, black belt. Your outer garment, whether a shirt, jacket or otherwise, must display the official CBUA patch either on or directly above the left breast pocket [or where the pocket would be on a garment without a pocket] for every game. Violation of this policy may result in removal of remaining games on your schedule. Dark Gray umpire slacks, –not heather gray.

Quite right, I wouldn't be caught dead on a field with GD pants on.

• Like 1

Is TX going to allow the pro style black and lt blue shirts this year?  The past 2 years, we've worked split crews in the playoffs and lots of guys asked us if we had them.

They are allowed by our chapter in Beaumont and the state website allows them.  Who is telling you that you can't wear pro blue?  Black is the new official TASO base color effective in 2015 or 2016.  So, that is clearly allowed. 

I don't guess that anyone is telling us we can't...just that nobody has them.  Maybe it is a local issue.

• Like 1

What's the matter with GD pants, other than they really don't match poly wools.

They look purple in the sunlight

Michigan:

The required uniform of an umpire for both regular season and tournament contests consists of either a navy blue or powder blue pullover with red/white or navy/white sleeve and collar stripes, gray slacks and proper umpire cap.  Although either navy blue or powder blue pullover shirts are allowed, both (all) umpires must wear the same color pullover.  An umpires cap with the MHSAA monogrammed logo is permitted.  All other articles (i.e., turtleneck, undershirt and jacket) shall be navy blue. The belt, shoes and socks shall be solid black. The ball bag shall be either gray or navy blue. The current MHSAA OFFICIALS EMBLEM shall be visible and WORN ON THE LEFT POCKET.

Umpire Shirts- Honig’s MHMLS, HMLSN, HMLSWN, HMLSLB or equivalent
Umpire Pants- Any of the Honig’s PB or B model gray pants or equivalent are acceptable.
Jacket- M18, K17N or equivalent
Cap- MK02 or MK03

FWIW, I've never heard of a person getting in trouble, or for that matter even been talked to, about having white on their shoes… I wish they would do away with the grey ball bags. I also wish they would do away with the white striped powder blue and adapt the black collar, but  :shrug:

In my area of Meechigan, heather gray pants are still worn alot.  I still wear it also.  I've seen polywools, Gerry Davis, Smitty's charcoals (I wear these alot.  I like'em.)  It's mostly navy blue and any light blue shirt (we match trim colors).  I agree with Matt on the shoes.  I've never heard anyone complain or get in trouble about white on the shoes.  I wish we could wear black shirts.  because here in the spring, that would be great (and it's my favorite shirt).  Most guys I work with wear either black or navy undershirts.  I see red undershirts occasionally and once a year I will see white.  I'm not a uniform fashionista,  I wear what the state mandates.  I keep it clean and professional looking.  Hell, I work with a guy that has a PAINTED HSM and he has worked a state quarterfinal game.  It's painted like a hockey goalies mask. 

• Like 1

Michigan:

The required uniform of an umpire for both regular season and tournament contests consists of either a navy blue or powder blue pullover with red/white or navy/white sleeve and collar stripes, gray slacks and proper umpire cap.  Although either navy blue or powder blue pullover shirts are allowed, both (all) umpires must wear the same color pullover.  An umpires cap with the MHSAA monogrammed logo is permitted.  All other articles (i.e., turtleneck, undershirt and jacket) shall be navy blue. The belt, shoes and socks shall be solid black. The ball bag shall be either gray or navy blue. The current MHSAA OFFICIALS EMBLEM shall be visible and WORN ON THE LEFT POCKET.

Umpire Shirts- Honig’s MHMLS, HMLSN, HMLSWN, HMLSLB or equivalent
Umpire Pants- Any of the Honig’s PB or B model gray pants or equivalent are acceptable.
Jacket- M18, K17N or equivalent
Cap- MK02 or MK03

FWIW, I've never heard of a person getting in trouble, or for that matter even been talked to, about having white on their shoes… I wish they would do away with the grey ball bags. I also wish they would do away with the white striped powder blue and adapt the black collar, but  :shrug:

In my area of Meechigan, heather gray pants are still worn alot.  I still wear it also.  I've seen polywools, Gerry Davis, Smitty's charcoals (I wear these alot.  I like'em.)  It's mostly navy blue and any light blue shirt (we match trim colors).  I agree with Matt on the shoes.  I've never heard anyone complain or get in trouble about white on the shoes.  I wish we could wear black shirts.  because here in the spring, that would be great (and it's my favorite shirt).  Most guys I work with wear either black or navy undershirts.  I see red undershirts occasionally and once a year I will see white.  I'm not a uniform fashionista,  I wear what the state mandates.  I keep it clean and professional looking.  Hell, I work with a guy that has a PAINTED HSM and he has worked a state quarterfinal game.  It's painted like a hockey goalies mask. 

:shakehead:  :no:  :smachhead:

• Like 1

Awesome. Guess at least I won't be the only one out there looking like a doofus.. Also means forking out at least another $120 on pants before the season starts, plus whatever other miscellaneous gear.

Awesome. Guess at least I won't be the only one out there looking like a doofus.. Also means forking out at least another $120 on pants before the season starts, plus whatever other miscellaneous gear.

Don't worry there are many doofuses on the field!

• Like 1