MLB Ejection 176: Angel Hernandez (5; Fredi Gonzalez)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3838 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Absolutely spot on call! Is it written into the Brave's manager's contracts by default that they need to get in the umpire's face about rubbish? Not that you're ever likely to get a call overturned by coming out to argue, but Jar Jar Binks is more likely to get his own late night talk show than for that call to be changed. He moved his leg into the path of the ball, and then waited for it to hit him. He didn't even give Hernandez any reason to second guess the situation, because if he was trying to get out of the way, he would've kept moving until after the ball was past him.

I had one like this on Sunday. Batter (who was also the pitcher for her team) leaned into a 1-2 pitch that got her on the arm. I called her back but she didn't realise until she'd gotten to first. I got "But it hit me." from her and "Wasn't it through the box?" from her father who was coaching first at the time. I also got "It was over the plate. It should be strike 3." from the pitcher who threw it. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I made a call that both sides didn't like.

• Like 1

What the hell does ..... "he's from the CB Bucknor school of umpiring" ..............

Then you , Mr announcer must be from the a$$hole school of broadcasting ............NO IDEA what he's talking about.  Honestly, announcers should be held accountable for comments like this.

That's a PERFECT CALL in this situation, ....VERY obvious, and Gonzalez wanted to get run, period

Pretty obvious to me. Angel is not afraid to make the controversial calls.

nothing controversial here though ............

It is a call that is apparently unexpected... all I mean by that is I agree that there is nothing controversial,  but it's a call that always seems to come with a conversation afterwords. 

Then you , Mr announcer must be from the a$$hole school of broadcasting ............NO IDEA what he's talking about.  Honestly, announcers should be held accountable for comments like this.

The Braves announcers (Chip Carey and Joe Simpson) agreed with the call even before they saw it again on replay.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30877173

The Braves announcers (Chip Carey and Joe Simpson) agreed with the call even before they saw it again on replay.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30877173

Before saying that Angel Hernandez is a student of the "CB Bucknor School of Umpiring" and "Well, we made it six and a half innings."

• Like 1

What the hell does ..... "he's from the CB Bucknor school of umpiring" ..............

That's a PERFECT CALL in this situation, ....VERY obvious, and Gonzalez wanted to get run, period

Isn't that the "Hawk" school of broadcasting.

Great to see this called at MLB level, as its rarely called.!!!

Please give examples!

How can you give examples of something that isn't called?

By giving examples of when it SHOULD have been called!