SCUA Umpire Clinic in MS, OK, AL, LA, TX

Jglopez7
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3814 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Fagan is more than likely not gonna give a discount.. this is a tryout for a DI conference...

Yes this is Clint Fagan dad.

@Jocko i dont believe this is a the clinic.. this is a 3 man clinic geared toward a Di Conference Job.

It's a hiring clinic. I attended not knowing or caring if it was a hiring clinic. They will turn your 3 man understanding from a goat rope to everybody knowing what their doing. Lots of great instructors there and you will get tips but they are evaluating you. The Houston clinic is crowded. Try one of the other locations. That being said, I will encourage some of my younger cohorts to attend. Just for the how to handle a manager exercise.

I'm attending this one in Mississippi although I live in Louisiana. I think it's gonna be awesome. I was able to meet the instructors a few weeks ago at another camp and they were great and nice resumes. After attending The Umpire School, I am great at two man mechanics and this will be my second opportunity to learn three man. I can't wait! If any of you guys are attending in MS, let me know. It'd be great to meet anyone from here. 

I'm attending this one in Mississippi although I live in Louisiana. I think it's gonna be awesome. I was able to meet the instructors a few weeks ago at another camp and they were great and nice resumes. After attending The Umpire School, I am great at two man mechanics and this will be my second opportunity to learn three man. I can't wait! If any of you guys are attending in MS, let me know. It'd be great to meet anyone from here. 

You meet only Fagan and Maybe Ryan.. the others are not Instructors at the SCUA camp.

You meet only Fagan and Maybe Ryan.. the others are not Instructors at the SCUA camp.

Gotcha. Those are two of the guys I met. Are you an instructor or a previous attendee? 

Gotcha. Those are two of the guys I met. Are you an instructor or a previous attendee? 

Neither.. but one of the umpires in his conferences... and I know the guys ( living in Southern Miss, and working college games with all of them)..LOL

• 1 month later...

Neither.. but one of the umpires in his conferences... and I know the guys ( living in Southern Miss, and working college games with all of them)..LOL

Hey, were you in Jackson this weekend? I was fortunate to attend. May have missed you. 

Hey, were you in Jackson this weekend? I was fortunate to attend. May have missed you. 

no i wasnt.. but why didnt you go to Tibodaux.. 1 hour drive.. 4 hour drive?...LOL

no i wasnt.. but why didnt you go to Tibodaux.. 1 hour drive.. 4 hour drive?...LOL

Have a family obligation that weekend of Thibodaux. The drive was only 2-2.5 hours though. Hopefully I'll see you this year in conference. I enjoyed the camp thoroughly and was offered a job! 

$325 for an evaluation?  Yikes...

The fee is designed to keep the knuckle-heads away. Besides for most guys working non conference college baseball that's only 1 maybe 2 game fees . Not a large price to pay in order to get a conference job that pays you between $650-$2100 a weekend series.

Have a family obligation that weekend of Thibodaux. The drive was only 2-2.5 hours though. Hopefully I'll see you this year in conference. I enjoyed the camp thoroughly and was offered a job! 

Congrats... Did he say Non con.. or conference as well.

The fee is designed to keep the knuckle-heads away. Besides for most guys working non conference college baseball that's only 1 maybe 2 game fees . Not a large price to pay in order to get a conference job that pays you between $650-$2100 a weekend series.

Yep sure is... plus the game fees went up to 300 a  games, so after 1 game, its paid for, and now your moving on up the ladder..but i dont need to tell you huh Fitts..LOL

Congrats... Did he say Non con.. or conference as well.

CONFERENCE! I had already gotten the nod for non-conference but this weekend I was fortunate enough to advance to the conference staff.

It keeps more than knuckleheads away.

Baseball is turning into basketball officiating-wise.