Pitching change allowed?????

dumbdumb
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3992 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

What about rule 8.06 b,c,d. Can we just keep switching and switching until one side or the other runs out of substitutes??

http://www.crawfishboxes.com/2013/5/9/4317662/umpires-troll-mike-scioscia-allow-astros-to-make-pitching-change

If there was a misapplication of the rules???, would this be a career ender for someone in MiLB???  Why and for whom on a 2 man or 3 man crew???

That is a very basic rule, I don't see how they smoked it. 

And the answer to my question below the picture please. I have read where you are able to get to know a few MiLB guys and the topic of missing a rule and what it would mean to a career has bound to have come up, and whether it is a career ender and why. Also, don't most of these guys go help out at all the various umpire schools and clinics all over the U.S. and get to teach and keep up with all the rules to start with? Or, is this just like any missed call, it happens and you get dinged for it. Who gets dinged. Would this affect this crews chance of a special event for the year or forever and why?

What would happen at the local level and why.

How can you possibly know they blew it? There's an escape clause in the rule for injury. If skip says his guy is injured, and everyone in the park knows it's BS, what are you gonna do?

And how do you know what anybody said, except what was reported in the paper?

How can you possibly know they blew it? There's an escape clause in the rule for injury. If skip says his guy is injured, and everyone in the park knows it's BS, what are you gonna do?

And how do you know what anybody said, except what was reported in the paper?

watch the video .......... there's no discussion w/ the pitcher and Astros manager ...he just comes out and asks Adrian Johnson if he can change again because the Angel's 'announced a new batter' ......

Would Scioscia have protested the game if the Astros pitcher were injured?  I think not.  As was stated, Astros Skip never even went to the pitcher, no trainer came out, nothing.  He simply wanted a better matchup when Scioscia changed his PH...the first of which they said had not been announced, so dumb again on the Astros for playing their hand before the sub became official. 

Umpire crew kicked this one all the way down the road.

Would Scioscia have protested the game if the Astros pitcher were injured?  I think not.

Absolutely, if he thought it was a lie to fudge the rule.

maven, are you siding with the crew here?

In the thread overall, no, just suspending judgment because I don't know their rationale for their ruling.

In what you quote, I'm answering the question about Scoscia, which doesn't imply siding with the crew.