March Madness

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4021 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I had ND but I am OK with them losing. Georgetown losing is just embarrassing. Kansas looked like crap. They opened it a little at the end but wow, they sure didn't help themselves. 

But now we get UNC vs KU on Sunday. I hope its worth the hype!

On another note, these officials are the best of the best. I haven't done any basketball in a long while, but I'm really enjoying watching them work.  

I have a perfect MESS of a bracket. After I tape the pieces of it back together, I'll see how I did. Down to the Sweet 16 now! Bye-bye Gonzaga... Hello Florida Gulf Coast (or as CBS had it in a graphic, "Florida Golf Coast"). 

I can see now that FGCU really isn't that much of a fluke, especially after reading this piece in the Washington Post: Florida Gulf Coast Coach Andy Enfield becomes a star of the NCAA tournament - The Washington Post . Enfield has his act together, and after reading it, you'll see why it will be VERY hard for a bigger school to lure him away with money.  Their next matchup against Florida is gonna' be a good one. (The article... really good and a highly recommended read)

I'll be posting my Final 4 picks (based on the Sweet 16) on Wednesday. Who's in?

2013 NCAA tournament - How the selection committee would reseed the Sweet 16 - ESPN