Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4203 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm looking at purchasing a jacket and I am hoping to get input from some of you wiser/more experience gentlemen.The association I'm with is switching to the navy with r/w stripes and I'm looking at either the Smitty or the Majestic. I know the Majestic costs more but i'm willing to spend more if it really is the better option. Any of you have either/both of these? Likes/dislikes? Other possible options?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both and they feel like exactly the same jacket. I wore the Smitty last spring quite a bit and I liked it just as much as the Majestic.

I was comparing the Majestic $80 therma base with the Smitty $50 tuck in jacket. The Smitty imitation of the Majestic therma base is practically the same jacket so if you want to save $10 and grab that one by all means go ahead.

I was going to ask this question too.

I have a navy thermabase (we wear navy for high school) and the stripes over the shoulder are different, and the body color is not really a true "navy" that matches the popular K17 jackets sold by Honigs.

I was curious if the Smitty "Thermal" heayweight jacket (the Majestic ThermaBase impostor) more matches the K17 style from Honig's. I really dont like wearing the navy Thermabase with a partner wearing a Honig's jacket because they are so off.

I have both and they feel like exactly the same jacket. I wore the Smitty last spring quite a bit and I liked it just as much as the Majestic.

I was comparing the Majestic $80 therma base with the Smitty $50 tuck in jacket. The Smitty imitation of the Majestic therma base is practically the same jacket so if you want to save $10 and grab that one by all means go ahead.

I was comparing the Majestic thermabase to the Smitty thermabase. I bought the Smitty version because I could get it in black with the white stripes. I already had the Majestic with the white/blue stripes on the shoulders.

I have no idea about the navy jackets in any of these brands as I don't wear navy.

I haven't had an issue matching anyone with either the Majestic white/blue striped jacket or the Smitty black/white jacket. They are both really nice.

Fittske,

Its sort of hard to tell from the pics. Does the Navy Smitty Thermal jacket come close to/match the Honig's K17 navy in the body of the coat? My issue with the Therma Base from Majestic is not only the shoulder stripes, but the body of the jacket is a lighter blue and not a true Navy like the K17. Im interested in the Smitty if it is a closer match to the K17. Thanks!

The Smitty therma jacket is darker than the majestic. From the pic, the honigs look a tad darker than the smitty. Not enough to worry about.....

Correct, the smitty jacket is darker than the majestic. The difference between the smitty and the Honig's is slight but not noticible.