Interesting: Concussion

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4246 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least he can blame the punchout on strike two on the concussion. Also, why did Iassogna wear blue when the rest of the crew was wearing black?? Dont they have all their equipment with them? I have seen a blue jersey worn with black jacket w/ blue stripes but everyone was in short sleeves for this game.

Unfortunately, I can't find another high resolution photo of just that section; however...

Undue Commercialization

No umpire shall, on his own behalf or through any agent or representative, enter into any contract or agreement pursuant to which in exchange for any form of consideration, any umpire wears or endorses any form of on field apparel or equipment including but not limited to eyewear, footwear or protective equipment, while employed in his on field umpiring duties or while at any Major League or Minor League ballpark.

If the Office of the Commissioner grants prior written consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, an umpire may sponsor or permit his name, signature, autobiography, biography, biographical information and/or likeness to be used to create a personal endorsement by an umpire or for other commercial purposes, provided, however, that there is no implied endorsement by the Office of the Commissioner, any other central baseball entity or any Major League club. The Office of the Commissioner shall deny consent only in circumstances in which it determines that the commercial activity by the umpire is cnotrary to the business interests of Major League Baseball, a central baseball entity or a Major League club. Moreover, this provision shall not require prior consent for the publication or creation of an umpire's biography or autobiography or a personal interview that is contingent with Article --.

I know in NCAA the PU and the BU can wear different colors..as long as the BU all match. It never happens that much

thats a horrible look

really?... I really dont care..and I dont think i umpire any difference...

its no difference if a PU is in short sleeve and BU in half jacket right?

i dont like it...i just think it looks like the pu is being singled out like a referee in football compared to the other officials