Protest?

Haid D' Salaami
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4271 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• In running the last half of the distance from home base to first base (yes)

• while the ball is being fielded to first base (yes)

• he runs outside (to the right of) the three-foot line, or inside (to the left of) the foul line (yes)

• and in the umpire’s judgment in so doing interferes with the fielder taking the throw at first base (Not even close)

Good call.

That's where he will lost the protest. Did the Angels lose the game?

Let's consider this...should the PU take a different position on a play like this b/c of the intervening play, PU has no angle to call runner's lane interference even if there had been interference.

For learning purposes, could he have taken the play 3BLX, then adjusted to watch the play on the batter/runner down at first base?

When I see this again it was not a quality throw. In order to have runner's lane interference, the throw has to be a quality throw.

This was my first thought when I saw the video.

What's up with Paul's necklaces?

Yeah and the white tshirt when the other guys have black.

That was my other comment in the other thread this is working in. I *HATE* those necklaces, and no one else has them on... Looks stupid, sorry.

• Like 1

Don't you know? Those necklaces regulate the "energy flow" and "electricity" in your body! So, when you are making decisions about INTs or EJs, these necklaces give you that extra "something" you need! It's all in the "Aqua Titanium" technology! Pick one up at your next tournament! (I've seen tables where they are on sale.)

But why settle for titanium? Go for Aqua Gold! You can get it in a lotion --- so you don't need those silly looking necklaces!

And you can trust these products to work --- this is a special "aqua" technology, not a snake "oil" technology.

(Wink wink. Which reminds me: where can I find the list of possible emoticons and how to enter them?)

That's where he will lost the protest. Did the Angels lose the game?

Let's consider this...should the PU take a different position on a play like this b/c of the intervening play, PU has no angle to call runner's lane interference even if there had been interference.

For learning purposes, could he have taken the play 3BLX, then adjusted to watch the play on the batter/runner down at first base?

MLB and PBUC want us to take this play from 3blx where he was....

Scioscia is misinterpreting the rule, while Barrett, Nauert & DeMuth know what they're talking about, something that should easily be supported by the League. Simply put, the RLI call under OBR requires interference with "the fielder taking the throw at first base." Konerko might have hindered catcher Iannetta's attempt, but Iannetta isn't protected by the RLI rule the way Pujols (1B) is. The "drilling the runner in the back" approach is generally a great way to generate this call if the runner is indeed illegally positioned, for the ball hitting the runner almost always (and very obviously) interferes with the fielder taking the throw at first base. And as hbk314 mentioned, the kicker is that Pujols caught the throw.

I'm sure they do, but how do you get an angle for runner lane interference?

Bend your head and look.. the runner crossing is more important... I know.. but 99% of the time F2 is gonna take the throw on the infield side and the is the best look at a pulled foot for the force.

Bend your head and look.. the runner crossing is more important... I know.. but 99% of the time F2 is gonna take the throw on the infield side and the is the best look at a pulled foot for the force.

What force?

The Angels are playing a game under protest...

BTW Thunderheads where are you at on this one?...

and what do you guys think about the ruling..look at rule 6.05k

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23594467&c_id=mlb

??? What do you mean? You want MY thought on it?

I have nothing here ....

OR, are you asking me why I haven't posted it yet?

RE: The necklaces: Good Lord, please stop ......ESPECIALLYwhen they wear the jersey with NOTHING underneath!! YIKES! :shakehead:

I have nothing here ....

RE: The necklaces: Good Lord, please stop ......ESPECIALLYwhen they wear the jersey with NOTHING underneath!! YIKES! :shakehead:

He has a shirt on underneath, you just cant see it..and these guys are MLB guys.. "do as I say not as I do" is what Paul" told me at a clinic....

Yes Thunder you didnt post this..LOL

What force?

The force at home! Did you watch the clip? The play went F5 to F2 to F3

I have nothing here ....

He has a shirt on underneath, you just cant see it..and these guys are MLB guys.. "do as I say not as I do" is what Paul" told me at a clinic....

Yes Thunder you didnt post this..LOL

As many of you may think (appear to think) ......I'm not chained to this site to provide videos 24/7,..... sometimes others need to fill in .....so, ....nice job Haid! :D