TPCR

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ever get to a tournament and havee nowhere to hang your clothes? That sucks. I have solved that problem. I fabricated the fittings I needed (they don't exist) and cut the pvc. Will post pics when I get home this afternoon. It's tall enough to keep pants off the floor, yet small enough to fit in my bag.

1 person likes this

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Posted · Report post

Ever get to a tournament and havee nowhere to hang your clothes? That sucks. I have solved that problem. I fabricated the fittings I needed (they don't exist) and cut the pvc. Will post pics when I get home this afternoon. It's tall enough to keep pants off the floor, yet small enough to fit in my bag.

I always have a place to hang my clothes, it is called the back seat of my car.

Which once you arrive at the game/tournament site, you pop open the trunk, pull out your matt and chair and you are in the locker room. :kissass:

Posted · Report post

When doing multiple games we dress in the press box or similar central location.

Posted · Report post

When doing multiple games we dress in the press box or similar central location.

When we have multiple games that require us to change over, we return to our locker rooms in the parking lot :hi5:

Posted · Report post

I have a Chevy Silverado with suicide doors. So I can get in between the open rear and open front and move around pretty good. I am often amazed how often, while there pulling on my pants, that a car pulls up right next to me in an almost empty lot. That car will always have a hot mom and her little girl or 2 in the back seat. This year I was lucky to be able to get home before my weeknight games.

Posted · Report post

Guys, we all have SUVs ........at least everyone on this site does!

Posted · Report post

Yeah, but I'm talking about tournaments where you leave the car at 7:30am and don't return until 9 or 10pm.

Nevermind. Apparently noone does this elsewhere.

Posted · Report post

I do!

Posted · Report post

Yeah, but I'm talking about tournaments where you leave the car at 7:30am and don't return until 9 or 10pm.

That would be called "Hell" in my book.

Posted · Report post

It's a great way to spend a saturday and make several hundred bucks doing what you love. If that's hell, I'm all set.

Posted · Report post

It's a great way to spend a saturday and make several hundred bucks doing what you love. If that's hell, I'm all set.

That's a 6 game day...that's aweful! I do 4 all the time, and SOMETIMES 5 ....... but 6 ....holy crap!

Posted · Report post

I did a Utrip state tourney in La a couple years ago. 1st pitch 8am. Got back to hotel around 1am. Got up Sunday 1st pitch 8am. Last game ended 10pm-ish. 16 games in 2 days. I was completely spent. Then the long drive back to Birmingham.

Posted · Report post

I did a Utrip state tourney in La a couple years ago. 1st pitch 8am. Got back to hotel around 1am. Got up Sunday 1st pitch 8am. Last game ended 10pm-ish. 16 games in 2 days. I was completely spent. Then the long drive back to Birmingham.

Ok, ...that's just ridiculous

Posted · Report post

That's all??? You could have done at least 2 more!!! :wave:

Posted · Report post

BTDT many a time and have no desire to do it anymore. A double header is perfect for me.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hey, I use my compact sedan, as it is my only vehicle (and will be for some time, hopefully).

Posted · Report post

Hey, I use my compact sedan, as it is my only vehicle (and will be for some time, hopefully).

No ...it's still your SUV ;)

Posted · Report post

Fair enough.

I hate acronyms that have multiple meanings....

Posted · Report post

Fair enough.

I hate acronyms that have multiple meanings....

Standard Umpire Vehicle! :D

Posted · Report post

Trout...we used to have a USSSA WS in my area. I would take a week of vacation and work it. In 6 days we would easily get 26-30 games in depending on the number of teams. Those of us that worked all the way to the finals could get more than that. I worked our All State Showcase USSSA event last Saturday, 6 games and the temp got into the low 100's.

I miss the WS...it was hard work and I would need a couple days to recover. But the time with my fellow "blues" was a treat!

Posted · Report post

Guys around here call in lots of the USSSA and other select tournaments. Some will drive two hours or so to get games each weekend. They usually work 8 games on Sat and 6-8 on Sunday. I have done it a couple of times, but after 4 in one day it ceases to be fun anymore. Plus with the heat in the summer it is just too hot. The money is good, but give me a double header and then let me go spend some time with the family any day,

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Slo, that is why I stopped calling a lot of the travel ball stuff. Starting calling with guys that we're caring more about baseball than the game, which gave me a bad taste.

Posted · Report post

How can you umpire all day and expect to be a 100% for every game... heck the most i ever called was 3..and I knew that was it....

Posted · Report post

Trout...we used to have a USSSA WS in my area. I would take a week of vacation and work it. In 6 days we would easily get 26-30 games in depending on the number of teams. Those of us that worked all the way to the finals could get more than that. I worked our All State Showcase USSSA event last Saturday, 6 games and the temp got into the low 100's.

I miss the WS...it was hard work and I would need a couple days to recover. But the time with my fellow "blues" was a treat!

I did the WS in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. 8 days of baseball. Good times.

Posted · Report post

I will tell you this, if I paid $650 for my team to be in a tourney and I am in the championship game and my plate umpire is on game # 5 or 6 for the day, I am probually gonnq get ran for balls and strikes. There is no way you can be 100 % mental after working all those games....