What color undershirt do you most frequently wear?

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4025 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

What color undershirt do you most frequently wear?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which color undershirt do you most frequently wear?

• Black
    • White
    • Navy
    • Red
    • Gray
    • Other

I can't remember the last time I wore anything other than black. Black goes with black, pro blue, creme, and grey and I am always wearing one of those colors. I was U1 for a LL tournament game last month where the PU showed up with a red undershirt to go with black jersies. He was the only one on the crew wearing a red undershirt. Just say no to red!

Our list of colors and combinations is rather long but black seems to be the usual. We do have some guys that will wear white with black (which is approved) but I try to avoid it as I don't care for the look.

TASO (High School association) in Texas has a chart that tells you what you should wear with what. Used to I had to carry Navy, Red, Black, and White undershirts to every game. Luckily the local chapter I work with now most of the guys were the pro-blue and black jerseys so all I have to carry are black and white undershirts these days. On occasion I will wear a grey undershirt when I am on the dish and no one can see it anyway.

Loving my Nike Procombat Hypercool undershirts this season. They are amazing...really love the sleevless ones. Lets lots of air flow through.

TASO (High School association) in Texas has a chart that tells you what you should wear with what. Used to I had to carry Navy, Red, Black, and White undershirts to every game. Luckily the local chapter I work with now most of the guys were the pro-blue and black jerseys so all I have to carry are black and white undershirts these days. On occasion I will wear a grey undershirt when I am on the dish and no one can see it anyway.

Loving my Nike Procombat Hypercool undershirts this season. They are amazing...really love the sleevless ones. Lets lots of air flow through.

Anyway you can send or post the chart?

Here it is as a .pdf

It is from 2009, but to my knowledge TASO has not adopted any other colors for high school ball. The two light blues are the pro blue and the light blue with the red white and blue trim.

A lot of guys wear white under the pro blue shirt even though it is not on the list.

Red undershirt with Navy and Black

Black undershirt with Cream

Blue undershirt with Powder and Red

It's another one of those Canada things

When I'm doing plate in the summer and it's hot, my All-Star covers up the shirt so I just wear whichever sleeveless that's clean. On base, it's usually navy with powder or plain navy (which almost never gets worn but I have just in case I run into a partner who only has navy school season shirts - it happens a couple times a year), black with black (duh). One prominent assigner allows and even suggests white as an all-purpose undershirt, probably as a lowest common denominator. I'll either wear white with cream or just go without undershirt at all. Personally, it's the only undershirt color that looks good with cream to me, and if cream is worn at all, it's usually pretty hot outside.

I have an Adidas compression fit black shirt for under my CP. It really does a great job of getting sweat away from my body and in conjunction with my System 7 is quite comfortable in the heat. We have had a bunch of that over the last 2 weeks here in Arkansas! I wear mainly black under shirts this time of year due to wearing Cream and Polo blue...sometimes I'll wear white under the Polo just to change it up. The problem with white is the stains that it picks up from sunscreen and dirt...sunscreen works like glue and the dirt just sticks to it! I have yet to find a way to get it white again...

During HS we wear black most of the time...so black under is the shirt. Only during State playoffs do we really wear navy as it is state mandated color...I hate navy!!!!!

Red undershirt with black? That's a new one, at least to me...

Like I said, It's a Canaa thing, we have our eccentricities I suppose..lol

Here it is as a .pdf

It is from 2009, but to my knowledge TASO has not adopted any other colors for high school ball. The two light blues are the pro blue and the light blue with the red white and blue trim.

A lot of guys wear white under the pro blue shirt even though it is not on the list.

Thanks!