Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Painting a mask

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is it possible to repaint a mask? My diamond grey is fading and has some nicks in it. Just womdering if I can repaint it black in the off season or if i will destroy it trying?

Anyone done this? If so what kind of paint and process did you use?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Look into getting it powder coated.

Posted · Report post

If you are looking to do something different, and you have money to spare, you could go with sand blasting the mask to remove all the old paint and then have it electroplted. get a nice copper, gold, chrome or such finish on it.I think powder coating may be a little more reasonable however., as you could also go with any color you desired

Posted · Report post

I had a Wilson Dyna Lite powder coated. It was about $40. It took a while as they waited until they could work it in with some other items of the same color. It came out so nice a fellow umpire saw it in my trunk and made me an offer that I couldn't turn down. Sold it before I wore it. If you have a frame that you are attached to then its worth it. If it is just another frame it likely won't make $ense.

Posted · Report post

there is a company out of connecticut that has been to our first meeting each of the last 2 years advertising that they specialize in refurbishing masks. I dont have their card on me but i can get you the info if wanted.

Posted · Report post

I would be interested in the info.

Posted · Report post

there is a company out of connecticut that has been to our first meeting each of the last 2 years advertising that they specialize in refurbishing masks. I dont have their card on me but i can get you the info if wanted.

can you post a link?

Posted · Report post

Thanks!!

Posted · Report post

The email on the site is no longetr an active email.

Posted · Report post

did you ever see a business and say "Boy I wish I had thought of that?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have 2 masks done by this service, I couldn't be happier. They look great.

Posted · Report post

I have 2 masks done by this service, I couldn't be happier. They look great.

Could you post pics. I'm interested in having this done.

Posted · Report post

Mask-It sports is run by an umpire on my Board - Hartford, CT. His name is Tony, and everyone I know who's had a mask done by him is very pleased. I've seen some of his work personally, and the masks come out great! He fixes dents and broken welds, and has a wide variety of colors to choose from.

The e-mail link on his website is an old e-mail address. Correct address is umptiz13@comcast.net. Tell him you saw it on umpire-empire.com.

Posted · Report post

thanks Boyinr, i couldnt find their business card and i just heard back from my president now.

Posted · Report post

Got email from Tony. $45.50 incl shipping. Not bad. He said don't use the email or order form on the site. Anyone interested can email him or pm me for order form/flyers. I'm gonna send mine to him. Will post before/after pics.

Posted · Report post

Removed

Posted · Report post

I think I am going to give this service a shot with my Champro Mag mask. Going to see if he has a grey or charcoal color that he can powder. I really like the look of the +pos charcoal mask...and I already have a couple of silver frames.

Posted · Report post

I like the black hammertone with copper highlights