Register or Sign In to remove these ads
3rdGENump

Light weight throat guard

41 posts in this topic

Anyone have suggestions for a light weight throat guard? I have the 4000UMP, I recently added the 4 1/2 in. throat guard from UA and I think the throat guard weights as much as the mask...

Thanks for the help.

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Anyone have suggestions for a light weight throat guard? I have the 4000UMP, I recently added the 4 1/2 in. throat guard from UA and I think the throat guard weights as much as the mask...

Thanks for the help.

Get the All-Star magnesium TG built for the 4000!

Thanks for the help.

7408081536_ded43c6d00.jpg

Im sorry but that looks ridiculous. Just my $.02.

Thanks for the help.

looks better than a hunk of black matte plastic....

Thanks for the help.

looks better than a hunk of black matte plastic....

I agree. I get Complements on mine all the Time.

I agree. I get Complements on mine all the Time.

:hi5: :hi5: :hi5:

I'm not sure how the plastic and magnesium compare as far as weight goes; I assume they are similar. The magnesium certainly qualifies though, it weighs in at 2 oz. and is barely noticeable.

As for the look, I just can't decide after one week. I asked half a dozen catchers on Saturday what they thought. 2/3 of them pled the 5th in one way or another. One admitted he thought it was a bit large after I pressed him. Another said he thought it looks "kinda cool".

I WISH ALL-STAR OFFERED A 4" VERSION

IMO it looks akward with the mask. It looks like it is supposed to go with and match the mask but it is just a little bit off...

It is an option but I would also like other suggestions.

as we say in Maine....that TP looks "Wiiiicked Shaaaaarp" :rock

I think something more like the Mizuno "spider" throat guard would look better in a silver for that All Star mask.

Me, I'd rather have the semi-plyable, curved edge plastic hitting my neck, as opposed to the metal wire.

But that's just me.

Me, I'd rather have the semi-plyable, curved edge plastic hitting my neck, as opposed to the metal wire.

But that's just me.

a throat guard shouldn't be hitting your neck, but clacking (your word Kyle :D) your CP, yes?

birthing it's own "mini me"

890f51c5c0004e0b52390ef6297600bf.jpg

I think there isn't a better combo then the black mask with the black (mizuno??) TP.. especially with the black shirt.

1 person likes this

The TG made for the 4000 weighs exactly 2 ounces. The clips add 0.2 ounces to the weight.

Thanks for the help.

AGREE - FUGLY

Has anyone used or have the same throat guard that Cory Blaser uses. I think its a larger plastic guard from mizuno. I like the way it looks I just wanted to see if anyone has used it. I will try to find a picture of it.

Has anyone used or have the same throat guard that Cory Blaser uses. I think its a larger plastic guard from mizuno. I like the way it looks I just wanted to see if anyone has used it. I will try to find a picture of it.

This one? Its model number from Mizuno is 2ZA206

14-01-04-2za206.jpg?_ex=240x240113927066-umpire-cory-blaser-talks-with-t2.ump.icon.jpg

Yea that is right. I just wished they had it in the US and I didn't have to use over seas sites to get one

This is the throat guard that I purchased for my 4000UMP, it seems like the guard weights as much as the mask... I will weigh it on our postage scale and see how much it actually weights.

I agree the Japanese Mizuno one looks good, but its probably about $30 to get it here ($15 for the guard and $15 for s&h). It doesnt look that cool, lol.

I agree the Japanese Mizuno one looks good, but its probably about $30 to get it here ($15 for the guard and $15 for s&h). It doesnt look that cool, lol.

I'm expecting a package any day with my Mizuno mask / Spider TG. Will share thoughts when I get it.