Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Spray - Hats/Caps

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ok ...

a bit ago I remember someone mentioning a spray mixture used to keep your caps fresh and not smelly, etc....and I can't find it!! :shakehead:

It's not Febreze, or Lysol,...I want to say it has something to do with camping gear ?? It's a mixture with water .....

Anyone??

Thanks

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Posted · Report post

Febreeze has always worked for me. Between that and throwing the hat in the washing machine on occasion, I've had no issues keeping them smelling fine.

Posted · Report post

From the FSB of course -

CAP FRESH SOLUTION (a very small amount of Febreze with water)

Posted · Report post

Fold a fabric softener sheet and place it behind the sweatband where it doesn't touch your skin. Been doing it for years. I wash occasionally in a cap cage thing (whatever it's called) in the dishwasher. Keeps its shape, doesn't mess up the bill, and gets it clean.

Posted · Report post

Febreeze has always worked for me. Between that and throwing the hat in the washing machine on occasion, I've had no issues keeping them smelling fine.

When you throw in the washer, ...you just throw in the caps right ? and let them air dry?

Posted · Report post

I wash mine with the laundry, let them air dry & put a bag clip on them for the crease, air dry. I read about that a few weeks back (on U-E of course) and started doing it. leaves a nice crown.

Posted · Report post

I refuse to crease my hats. I'm no longer in the military wearing a cover.

Posted · Report post

When you throw in the washer, ...you just throw in the caps right ? and let them air dry?

Yes just threw in the washer and then put it in a cap caddy to air dry properly. I was leery of this but figured I'd try it and it worked great. Note I have a front loading washer so no agitator to potentially damage the cap. I'm not sure I'd try it with a top loading one.

Posted · Report post

sorry to hijack.... Welpe, where ya from in Houston?