okay my first super confusing situation... help?

CallMeBlue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4302 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

okay so bases loaded... no outs.. championship game.... 2 umps. I'm plate, the vet is in the field.

batter smashes ball to fence... Runner on 3rd misses plate, 1st and 2nd both cross plate, batters on 3rd which was irrelevent...

anyways other team appeals that R3 misses home, which I call him out.... then they argue that the other 2 runners are considered out 2.... my vet umpire froze on me and said I called it right, hes been around for 25 years so we counted the 2 runs and game ended in favor of the team who got the runs. final score 10-9... after the game I caught hell from the crowd saying I was terrible and stuff, which I really dont care about, I just want to make sure I get this right for the future!!!

thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if we took the advice of coaches, fans, players and commentators? Ye gods! We would likely have the makings of a Matt Stone/Trey Parker movie

Help the kid out a bit.

1) The answer is already in the rules.

2) The rule is 7.12

7.12 Unless two are out, the status of a following runner is not affected by a preceding

runner’s failure to touch or retouch a base. If, upon appeal, the preceding runner is the third

out, no runners following him shall score. If such third out is the result of a force play,

neither preceding nor following runners shall score.