Long sleeves underneath short sleeves

kristoffae
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4208 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

A. His L/S was in the wash, and was too warm to wear a jacket.

B. He doesn't care.

C. Half of you reading this will actually think it's the new "cool", and start wearing this combo tomorrow night, with your $800 Nike mask.

• Like 4

I am so often amazed about how fashion conscious you all are on this site. I realize it is important that umpires always look professional, but come one, this is pretty nit-picky if you ask me.

• Like 1

I am so often amazed about how fashion conscious you all are on this site. I realize it is important that umpires always look professional, but come one, this is pretty nit-picky if you ask me.

I agree with you on some items (tuck vs no tuck). But this is not a great look for any occasion. Short sleeves, long sleeves or or jack/coat. No mixing and matching. Just my opinion.

Kyle,

I know you don't like the short sleeve jacket...smock. I do for some odd reason. Not so much with the sleeves off but with them on. I am pulling the trigger on one for the fall to see how I like it. I hate the typical umpire jacket as it offers very little warmth and just holds in body moisture so you feel like your wearing rain gear. I can easily see layering a therma-base under the cool-base jacket and being warm and dry...

Not nit picky at all it looks horrible especially at that level.

I agree, that just looks wrong. Maybe because I can't help but associate that look with the hipster types that wear long sleeve thermal shirts under t-shirts but I just don't like the look. It also comes across something a Smitty does because he's too cheap to buy a jacket or long sleeve shirt.

I'm hoping there was a better reason for doing that other than he felt like it.

Kyle,

I know you don't like the short sleeve jacket...smock. I do for some odd reason. Not so much with the sleeves off but with them on.

umm ... doesnt that make it a long sleeve jacket?

Especially knowing that the MLB guys get long sleeve shirts too ...........why not just rock that?

Its possible that this shirt didnt get shipped with his most recent gear transport.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...