New Douglas on EBay

boyinr
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4973 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

There is a NWT 13" Douglas on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Douglas-Umpire-Chest-Protector-/260656565765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb0578e05

Sure glad I got mine from Douglas this spring when they still had some left in stock. If this sells for that price , I am going to regret wearing it though.

Edited by boyinr

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would one still acquire a douglas now adays?

Just email Jeff Cook:

jeffcook[at]douglaspads[dot]com

I think they only have parts for the 15" left.

Edit: changed email address to stop web crawlers.

Edited by grayhawk

I have a 15" it actually appears that the padding is probably made differently on the 15" and the 13". The padding on my 15" extends all the way to the bottom of the extended plastic piece.

Never seen a 13" so I can't say for sure.

I have a 15" it actually appears that the padding is probably made differently on the 15" and the 13". The padding on my 15" extends all the way to the bottom of the extended plastic piece.

Never seen a 13" so I can't say for sure.

maybe it's a padding issue??

It doesn't matter to me either way. I have a 13" Douglas and Wilson Platinum. They are both great for different reasons. I am fortunate to have both of these options at my disposal. Both of these have extensive game use at the highest levels (by others).

If, after some game use, it turns out that the Schutt is as good as either of these I will be impressed. There should be options for everyone to chose from. I am expecting the new All Star (when released) to compare very favorably to the Wilson Gold/Platinum and the Douglas.

Best of luck.

Edited by boyinr