Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suggestions for helping Adjusting CP

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gentlemen, Ladies, or anyone else:

Last night I was working a game with a newer guy, HS tournament game, game as lame as a 2 legged horse in the Derby (but I digress). He has the plate, praise the Lord, and he puts on his gray West Vest, The protector is so loose on him the neck opening is in the middle of his chest, and I kid you not. I took one look at that and said "let me help adjust that thing, your going to get killed wearing it like that."

Well, I tightened everything I could find and still it hung down too low. It was better, but still too big. He was maybe 5'11", but the protector was still too big/loose for him to use. Any suggestions on how to fit the protector better for him, other than buying his and finding him a new one? I guess he could cut up the straps and put new ones on but that make no sense since they are riveted on, it would be a significant expense.

Thanks for your help.

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Posted · Report post

My suggestion is selling it on eBay and getting an All-Star. :) Seriously....I sold my Gold a couple weeks ago for $125 and got an All-Star for $155 at ump-attire. No droop at all anymore.

Posted · Report post

I don't understand why it was so big.

I am 5'9, 165 and mine fits perfectly.

Posted · Report post

I'm 6'1 and the gold was too short to cover all my ribs. Was it the wv platinum or charcoal?

Posted · Report post

Platinum, and definitely not fitted for him.

Posted · Report post

After seeing this I am very thankful for the privilege of wearing Carlucci...

Posted · Report post

You need the TOP straps to be as tight as they can be and still go over the head. Then make the lower part as short as it will go. The strap that wraps around the waist will now pull down on the lower part and thusly be pulling the front of the chest protector up toward the neck where it belongs.