My Douglas-Douglas

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4328 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Here is mine ...just got in today...

Gray shoulder caps and t-hooks, ...very nice!

That IS some kind a nice!

You've got a long one - 15"?

Yep! I had asked for a 14" originally and was sent a 13" and it just didn't catch my bottom rib and I wasn't comfy. When I called Jeff back to talk about it ... he said they weren't doing 14"s anymore. This may have been my mistake as to thinking Jeff did say they made 14's ...but regardless ..... it's a 15 and I like the coverage. And, the t-hooks really bring it in!

• 4 weeks later...

I can speak for it. My Douglas is significantly cooler than my WV Gold.

Same here. The Douglas shins are also cooler than the Wilson gold ones as well.

Thanks for the feedback conerning the Douglas CP and shin guards. Of course I am attracted to the "cool" factor of the Douglas, but I wasn't certain if I wanted to invest in another high end chest protector - thinking I might purchase the Unequaled CP when it arrives. My other alternative for a hot summer was to buy a hard-shell Champion. The WV Gold, as bullet-proof as it is, can get warm in the summer and for most 14-U tournaments, it might be overkill.

Thanks for the feedback conerning the Douglas CP and shin guards. Of course I am attracted to the "cool" factor of the Douglas, but I wasn't certain if I wanted to invest in another high end chest protector - thinking I might purchase the Unequaled CP when it arrives. My other alternative for a hot summer was to buy a hard-shell Champion. The WV Gold, as bullet-proof as it is, can get warm in the summer and for most 14-U tournaments, it might be overkill.

BAD IDEA.

I see you're new, but not sure how long you've been lurking. NEVER underestimate ANY speed and/or any age group!

I did a u14 tourney this weekend and had kids BRINGING it!!!

I have the Champion and the Douglas, and all things being equal would always grab the Douglas first. Nothing wrong with the Champion (it is my backup), but I've not found it to be any cooler than the Douglas and IMO the Douglas is a bit more protective.

BAD IDEA.

I see you're new, but not sure how long you've been lurking. NEVER underestimate ANY speed and/or any age group!

I did a u14 tourney this weekend and had kids BRINGING it!!!

+1

Even 12u can at time bring it!

Okay, getting ready to pull the trigger on the Douglas. I'm going to add the t-hooks and the shoulder flaps. I am forgetting anything else?

what are you replacing? size?

Make sure you get the right size and make sure you have the opportunity to customize it if you can. Remember, the new ones are gray w/ navy cushions.

Okay, getting ready to pull the trigger on the Douglas. I'm going to add the t-hooks and the shoulder flaps. I am forgetting anything else?

Make sure you get the right size and make sure you have the opportunity to customize it if you can. Remember, the new ones are gray w/ navy cushions.

I am replacing a West Vest Gold. I have opted for the 13" Douglas model.

I am replacing a West Vest Gold. I have opted for the 13" Douglas model.

Good choice, thats the one I have.

I live in Texas, so UPS ground is a one day ship from them to me. I placed my order on a Thursday morning and the UPS man dropped it off at my house in time for it to be worn the next night for a little league juniors game. Very fast service.

I live in Texas, so UPS ground is a one day ship from them to me. I placed my order on a Thursday morning and the UPS man dropped it off at my house in time for it to be worn the next night for a little league juniors game. Very fast service.

Jeff said he would ship out a "stock" CP immediately, but I preferred the extra flap and the T-Hook - so that might take a few days.

Jeff said he would ship out a "stock" CP immediately, but I preferred the extra flap and the T-Hook - so that might take a few days.

It shouldn't take that long. July starts their football season push so get it in before then or it could take weeks.