Register or Sign In to remove these ads

<acronym title='Uncaught third strike'>UK3</acronym> = time play/2nd play???

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was not calling this game.

OBR rules. R3, 2 Outs. Close game.

Uncaught 3rd strike (past ball), Batter stands there looking lost, runner takes off home. Batter gets a clue and runs as catcher flips to the pitcher trying to get the out at home. Runner is.... "SAFE". They throw to first for the third out. Does the run count? :shrug:

Posted · Report post

No

Posted · Report post

Day game or night game? You mentioned that it was a close game. How close?

Just kidding...no run. The batter runner did not reach first base before the third out.

Posted · Report post

the batter runner did not reach first base before the third out.

At risk of being crucified. The batter/runner must reach 1st before the run scores before the third out?

So same situation but they overthrow first and he goes for second and gets thrown out. The run counts then?

Posted · Report post

At risk of being crucified. The batter/runner must reach 1st before the run scores before the third out?

So same situation but they overthrow first and he goes for second and gets thrown out. The run counts then?

Don't overthink this - "A run is not scored if the runner advances to home base during a play in which the third out is made by the batter-runner before he touches first base."

This is the same as any other play of this type - if it's a "force-type" play (I know, I know, BR to 1st isn't a force play) then no run scores.

Posted · Report post

the batter runner did not reach first base before the third out.

Count the run, ...BR reached first.......

Posted · Report post

Thank you sirs! It all counts on the BR reaching first! :notworthy: I can always count on you guys!

Posted · Report post

Thank you sirs! It all counts on the BR reaching first! :notworthy: I can always count on you guys!

More specifically BR being SAFE at First Base.

He can still reach it and then even be safe at second base and the run may not count.

example: BR Missed 1B which is properly appealed and he is called out.

He was never safe at first base so the run can not count.