Register or Sign In to remove these ads

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Guys,...

Check it out, ... 3 batters into the Tigers/White Sox game, ...Miguel Cabrera mentions to the HP umpire that the box is wrong, and started pointing and the HP umpire started looking around and all of the sudden, ...the grounds crew is called out, and as I type this, ...they are RE-DOING the batters box. The crew had done the box incorrectly, erring to the pitchers mound side.

That's why Cabrera noticed it, because he could tell he couldn't get deep enough....

Amazing ...

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Posted · Report post

Guys,...

Check it out, ... 3 batters into the Tigers/White Sox game, ...Miguel Cabrera mentions to the HP umpire that the box is wrong, and started pointing and the HP umpire started looking around and all of the sudden, ...the grounds crew is called out, and as I type this, ...they are RE-DOING the batters box. The crew had done the box incorrectly, erring to the pitchers mound side.

That's why Cabrera noticed it, because he could tell he couldn't get deep enough....

Amazing ...

I had this happen at my softball game last night, except it was spotted by the pitcher (before I called them on it and right as I was getting on the field). First they were baseball batters boxes and they were crocked as heck. But never seen it at a professional game. They usually have it right. Any video Thunderheads?

Posted · Report post

video: http://mlb.com/video...576339&c_id=mlb

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20576339&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_20576339&v=3

How does a professional grounds crew screw up the box that badly?!

Posted · Report post

Come on Steve, you know it is always our fault!!!!!! :kissass:

Posted · Report post

PU is wearing a Douglas with the logo scratched off.

Posted · Report post

video: http://mlb.com/video...576339&c_id=mlb

How does a professional grounds crew screw up the box that badly?!

It's the South Side .....why else?!? :D

Posted · Report post

PU is wearing a Douglas with the logo scratched off.

Yep, Adrian Johnson ...scratched off because he must ... :no:

Posted · Report post

1) wow.. that was what... a foot or two off? Thats crazy!!!

2) could you imagine the riot that would have happened at US Cellular if Cabrera had hit a bomb?

Posted · Report post

Why would anyone think this is unusual. Don't you see the halos over the players, managers, and coaches heads.

http://news.google.c...pg=6780,7561313

And he was caught by the last MLB player who became a MLBU. Cousins is the last MiLB player to become a MLBU.(added 4/14/12)

Posted · Report post

Funny that you mention Wills. Back when he was the king of stolen bases when he played for the Dodgers, the Giants were accused of "over watering" the area around first base so Wills couldnt get a good push off to try and steal second.

Posted · Report post

Funny that you mention Wills. Back when he was the king of stolen bases when he played for the Dodgers, the Giants were accused of "over watering" the area around first base so Wills couldnt get a good push off to try and steal second.

You think that kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore?

Posted · Report post

I never said that... and would be upset if they werent trying to pull fast ones like this in todays game... As the book is named... It Ain't Cheating If You Don't Get Caught.

Posted · Report post

Looks like the "form" they use to chalk the box has two 2x4's to line up on the plate. When they re-chalked the box, they used the forward 2x4. Probably used the rear 2x4 before the game...mistake??? :rollinglaugh: who knows? These ground crew guys are pretty damn good, cant really see them screwing this up by accident.

Posted · Report post

As an "off-topic" watch the video two after this one. Kid participates in between inning run out and grab second base promotion. An umpire confronts him at 2nd base...turns out its his Army Sgt. dad (dressed as umpire) just returned from overseas. Good stuff.

Posted · Report post

Those surprise reunion clips always make me cry like a baby. That includes this one.

Posted · Report post

Those surprise reunion clips always make me cry like a baby. That includes this one.

Mazza posted it on Facebook. Here's my response: Why do things like this make me cry?

Posted · Report post

It's several key human emotions crashing together right in front of your eyes. And the one that prevails is the inner child, and you just start bawling right along with him.

Posted · Report post

Happened at a Syracuse football game this year.

The marching band kids texted their parents to make sure they were there for the pre-game.

The only people that didn't know Dad was home were the soldier's kids.

Emotionally exciting as this may be - is it really the right thing to do?

Posted · Report post

Emotionally exciting as this may be - is it really the right thing to do?

Why not, Rich?

Posted · Report post

Daddy's home and you don't tell junior? You wait and make it a public event and that's OK?

At the Syracuse event the band knew it was happening (probably not who) the day before. Lots of people knew - just not his kids.

That's why.

Posted · Report post

The homecoming set ups are getting played out. They were neat at first but now they're kind of repetitive.

Posted · Report post

Daddy's home and you don't tell junior? You wait and make it a public event and that's OK?

At the Syracuse event the band knew it was happening (probably not who) the day before. Lots of people knew - just not his kids.

That's why.

Depends on when Dad came home. Most likely, it was that morning or afternoon, not two days before.

Posted · Report post

Living just outside of and working in the middle of the world's largest military complex. And with homecomings being a constant happening around here I still get choked up when I see the "Welcome home Daddy" signs especially when it is one of my friends or one of my children's parents.

My daughter had a sleepover a while back and that morning she found out her dad was coming home in 2 weeks. The girl couldn't stop talking about it and it got me and my wife choked up.