Wendy's pads. Wow!

Hackman61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3916 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Screw it. Not worth delaying. Done and done.

Order Number:176771

Placed : 04/25/2012 18:10:18 EDT

Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U126-N Smitty Pro Knit Umpire Shirt - Navy 1 $22.99 $22.99

SIZE: 2X:

FM-WENDY Team Wendy Umpire Mask Replacement Padding 2 $39.99 $79.98

COLOR: BK:

UAPW-PL Ump-Attire Poly-Wool Plate Umpire Pants 1 $76.99 $76.99

Coupon - : ($18.00)

Shipping: USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Days includes Saturday Delivery (Zone7): $15.63

Sales Tax: $0.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $177.59

A thing of beauty Stephen. Enjoy your Wendy's. I bought a lot of gear for this season. So far, the Wendy's are my favorite purchase.

When I bought my Wendy's I got a coupon for a small frosty.......

Too bad they don't come with an Umpire's Dressing Room!

Are they planning to make Team Wendy's pad in other colors besides tan/beige?

I agree. I don't care what you do...you know you're going to get opinions on here. If you like them, then that's what you need to wear! Rock it w/ pride! :-)

I was saying a mask pad with the Wendy's foam material inside but a leather exterior.

I still say Honig's old doeskin mask pads that they dont make anymore were the most comfortable pads Ive had/worn - just a little bit heavy.

I agree. I don't care what you do...you know you're going to get opinions on here. If you like them, then that's what you need to wear! Rock it w/ pride! :-)

I was saying a mask pad with the Wendy's foam material inside but a leather exterior.

I still say Honig's old doeskin mask pads that they dont make anymore were the most comfortable pads Ive had/worn - just a little bit heavy.

Yep, I know what you're saying, but what I've read about the Wendy's is that part of the whole concept is the outer covering as well.

Personally, I don't disagree w/ you, leather would be cool, but I don't think it's part of the Wendy concept (not marketing) but part of the whole pad.

I could careless. All I know is they are the best pads I have ever used, PERIOD! I moved up in classification this year in my association. Which means I am now doing varsity games in our State's highest classification. I have been hit less this season than in previous years. It also means when I do get hit the guy on the bump is throwing in the mid 80's. I have taken two shot off my mask one hurt the other didn't. The one that hurt taught me a lesson, always clinch your teeth when the pitcher comes home. I got my jaw popped hard...that's what hurt...

Mine where delivered to me by one of sdix00 sons Saturday.

They fit my Diamond 1X3 perfectly.

First game back on the plate is tonight but I will be wearing my All Star System 7 HSM for a couple games until I get comfortable again behind the dish.

I do feel a lil apprehensive.

Here is a response I received from Team Wendy in regards to UMPS Pads for HSMs.... Looking forward to the future!!!

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your interest in our UMPS face mask pads. We have not yet developed a system for the hockey style masks but it is something we have planned in the future. To date we have focused on the traditional style masks.

Thanks, Tom Thomas J. Prodouz

PresidentTeam Wendy LLC

Put the Team Wendy pads in my mask on Friday. Took my first mask shot on Sat morning. Sounded worse than it felt. Now I'm curious as to how it would have felt if I had left the Diamond 50/50 pads in the mask. I'm not planning to switch them back to find out.

Anyone wash theirs yet? The fabric on the inside of mine is a bit abraded (from stubble I guess) but I'm also thinking they could use a cleaning. Ump-Attire states on their website the pads are "machine washable and dry quickly" - obviously they have to air-dry. I looked on the Team Wendy's website as well but couldn't find any care instructions.

Anyone wash theirs yet? The fabric on the inside of mine is a bit abraded (from stubble I guess) but I'm also thinking they could use a cleaning. Ump-Attire states on their website the pads are "machine washable and dry quickly" - obviously they have to air-dry. I looked on the Team Wendy's website as well but couldn't find any care instructions.

I have washed mine in the wash. They clean up nicely.

After working the first inning in my All Star System 7 HSM, I switched to my Diamond iX3 with the new Wendy Pads.

Thankfully I didn't take any shots but the pads felt great. :Cool2:

After working the first inning in my All Star System 7 HSM, I switched to my Diamond iX3 with the new Wendy Pads.

Thankfully I didn't take any shots but the pads felt great. :cool2:

I worked my first game with them yesterday too and they feel lighter than the Wilson wrap arounds. Very comfortable. I took no head shots but too bad I didn't have them on my right quad - I hate slow, lazy F2s!