More on plate coats

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4359 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

We've all seen Fittske's Human Umpire Logo pic:

PlateCoat.jpg

What I would like to highlight is his use of the Majestic Therma Base pullover under the coat and over the chest protector.

Now, as clean and cool as that looks, why in hell do these guys go out there with their CPs exposed under the coat? It looks ridiculous normally, but today, it hit a new low: Larry Vanover is working the Nats/Mets game wearing his Riddell Power exposed. That's not the problem. The problem is that he's wearing his exposed Riddell with friggin' duct tape over the Riddell logo! Honest!

I know that contractually, all they can bear is the Wilson W, but how preposterous is that Vanover technique? Can he look any more classless? Wow!

And why is it that these guys consider it taboo to wear something over their CP? Take a good look at Fittske! Tell me that doesn't look too cool.

I'll assume you're not joking.

How could he possibly get paid a dime by a company that no longer even makes the product he's wearing?

Are they required to cover/black out any other logos or just recommended to?

The reason I ask is because there are a number of guys whose CPs still clearly show the Riddell logo

Just because they do not make that currently does not mean they still don't want their name out there to move gear and fan shop stuff. Why would he still wear it instead of other stuff he will get for free or paid to wear?

The MLB guys that I've talk to have told me they get zero endorsement dollars. All they get is some free gear. Now, maybe things changed with their last contract. Man, is that dumb. For all the TV exposure, they get squat.

Umpires shouldn't be getting paid for the gear they wear on TV. Oddly enough, I support it completely.

MLB exploiting umpires... that's a shocker.

hey kevin,,,, dont feel too sorry for the major league umps...they have the best job security out there...they have a four man system so they arent over exerting themselves too much...yes they have pressure and umpire at the highest level...but....first year ump makes 125k year and they guys with the most seniority make 350k per year...also they get 265 bucks a day travel expense.....so of if they dont get paid to wear equipment they are doing alright lol.... beats the 70-120 bucks a game i make lololol....have a great season

Leave it up to my man KFINN to see this. As I was waiting for the SWMBO to come home so we could run a few quick errands, I too turned on MLB Network and said .... WTF ?!?! :D

Guys, .... if the MLB guys DON'T wear Wilson, they must cover the logo because Wilson is the contracted equipment source for MLB umpires :jerkit: ......but I digress....

@umpire cordova:

Re-read the thread, ..... you can rock a turtleneck, and mock turtle, or what Fittske is wearing, ...a Majestic Therma Base Pullover...I believe he's rocking this one:

http://www.baseballs...45/refScid/1085

And by the way ....

I must admit, every time I see that pic of Fittske, I get a little teary eyed!!! :D

Leave it up to my man KFINN to see this. As I was waiting for the <acronym title='She who must be obeyed'>SWMBO</acronym> to come home so we could run a few quick errands, I too turned on MLB Network and said .... WTF ?!?! :D

Guys, .... if the MLB guys DON'T wear Wilson, they must cover the logo because Wilson is the contracted equipment source for MLB umpires :jerkit: ......but I digress....

@umpire cordova:

Re-read the thread, ..... you can rock a turtleneck, and mock turtle, or what Fittske is wearing, ...a Majestic Therma Base Pullover...I believe he's rocking this one:

And by the way ....

I must admit, every time I see that pic of Fittske, I get a little teary eyed!!! :D

That is the one.... It works so well with the chest protector it's almost like it was made for it.

• Like 1

Leave it up to my man KFINN to see this. As I was waiting for the <acronym title='She who must be obeyed'>SWMBO</acronym> to come home so we could run a few quick errands, I too turned on MLB Network and said .... WTF ?!?! :D

@umpire cordova:

And by the way ....

That is the one.... It works so well with the chest protector it's almost like it was made for it.

KFINN / Fittske .....

I'm assuming there are MANY other uses for that pullover too! ;)