Register or Sign In to remove these ads

More on plate coats

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We've all seen Fittske's Human Umpire Logo pic:

PlateCoat.jpg

What I would like to highlight is his use of the Majestic Therma Base pullover under the coat and over the chest protector.

Now, as clean and cool as that looks, why in hell do these guys go out there with their CPs exposed under the coat? It looks ridiculous normally, but today, it hit a new low: Larry Vanover is working the Nats/Mets game wearing his Riddell Power exposed. That's not the problem. The problem is that he's wearing his exposed Riddell with friggin' duct tape over the Riddell logo! Honest!

I know that contractually, all they can bear is the Wilson W, but how preposterous is that Vanover technique? Can he look any more classless? Wow!

And why is it that these guys consider it taboo to wear something over their CP? Take a good look at Fittske! Tell me that doesn't look too cool.

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Posted · Report post

The only taste that some of these guys have is in their mouth.

Looks aside, the feel of the coat gliding over a smooth shirt, as opposed to hanging up on the c/p, is wonderful. It really makes all the difference.

Posted · Report post

How much is he getting paid to not cover it up so people know what he wears logo taped or not...all about the dollar not the look

Posted · Report post

PlateCoat.jpg

Take a good look at Fittske! Tell me that doesn't look too cool.

His Thumbs are not the same!

Posted · Report post

How much is he getting paid to not cover it up so people know what he wears logo taped or not...all about the dollar not the look

I'll assume you're not joking.

How could he possibly get paid a dime by a company that no longer even makes the product he's wearing?

Posted · Report post

I'll assume you're not joking.

How could he possibly get paid a dime by a company that no longer even makes the product he's wearing?

Are they required to cover/black out any other logos or just recommended to?

The reason I ask is because there are a number of guys whose CPs still clearly show the Riddell logo

Posted · Report post

Just because they do not make that currently does not mean they still don't want their name out there to move gear and fan shop stuff. Why would he still wear it instead of other stuff he will get for free or paid to wear?

Posted · Report post

You need to come up with another premise.

Posted · Report post

The MLB guys that I've talk to have told me they get zero endorsement dollars. All they get is some free gear. Now, maybe things changed with their last contract. Man, is that dumb. For all the TV exposure, they get squat.

Posted · Report post

MLB exploiting umpires... that's a shocker.

Posted · Report post

The MLB guys that I've talk to have told me they get zero endorsement dollars. All they get is some free gear. Now, maybe things changed with their last contract. Man, is that dumb. For all the TV exposure, they get squat.

Umpires shouldn't be getting paid for the gear they wear on TV. Oddly enough, I support it completely.

Posted · Report post

I'm warming up to the idea kyle - what kind of shirt?

I know I've said this before but I can't get this image out of my head...herman_header.jpg

Posted · Report post

I'm warming up to the idea kyle - what kind of shirt?

I know I've said this before but I can't get this image out of my head...herman_header.jpg

Priceless!!!

Posted · Report post

Here ya go...

post-1250-0-12729700-1334195945_thumb.jp

Forgot to add - Fittske, you look like a million bucks my friend!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Well at least he isn't getting his duct tape the same place my daughter does...

Posted · Report post

Looks even worse with no mask on, doesnt it?

x610.jpg

Heres a funny pic of Rapuano covering up a Wilson logo

e62222_ump04212010.jpg

Posted · Report post

What kind of shirt would you recommend to wear under a plate coat but over your cp.

Posted · Report post

MLB exploiting umpires... that's a shocker.

hey kevin,,,, dont feel too sorry for the major league umps...they have the best job security out there...they have a four man system so they arent over exerting themselves too much...yes they have pressure and umpire at the highest level...but....first year ump makes 125k year and they guys with the most seniority make 350k per year...also they get 265 bucks a day travel expense.....so of if they dont get paid to wear equipment they are doing alright lol.... beats the 70-120 bucks a game i make lololol....have a great season

Posted · Report post

PlateCoat.jpg

This is actually the first time I have seen this. However it is a rock'n pic. Glad he let me use the shadowed version of this photo for my avatar.

Posted · Report post

Here ya go...

post-1250-0-12729700-1334195945_thumb.jp

THANK YOU!

For the picture of Vanover and his ridiculous Riddell.

Posted · Report post

Leave it up to my man KFINN to see this. As I was waiting for the SWMBO to come home so we could run a few quick errands, I too turned on MLB Network and said .... WTF ?!?! :D

Guys, .... if the MLB guys DON'T wear Wilson, they must cover the logo because Wilson is the contracted equipment source for MLB umpires :jerkit: ......but I digress....

@umpire cordova:

Re-read the thread, ..... you can rock a turtleneck, and mock turtle, or what Fittske is wearing, ...a Majestic Therma Base Pullover...I believe he's rocking this one:

http://www.baseballs...45/refScid/1085

And by the way ....

I must admit, every time I see that pic of Fittske, I get a little teary eyed!!! :D

Posted · Report post

Leave it up to my man KFINN to see this. As I was waiting for the <acronym title='She who must be obeyed'>SWMBO</acronym> to come home so we could run a few quick errands, I too turned on MLB Network and said .... WTF ?!?! :D

Guys, .... if the MLB guys DON'T wear Wilson, they must cover the logo because Wilson is the contracted equipment source for MLB umpires :jerkit: ......but I digress....

@umpire cordova:

Re-read the thread, ..... you can rock a turtleneck, and mock turtle, or what Fittske is wearing, ...a Majestic Therma Base Pullover...I believe he's rocking this one:

And by the way ....

I must admit, every time I see that pic of Fittske, I get a little teary eyed!!! :D

That is the one.... It works so well with the chest protector it's almost like it was made for it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the compliment my friend!

Posted · Report post

That is a good look and is much cleaner than the exposed protector.

Posted · Report post

Leave it up to my man KFINN to see this. As I was waiting for the <acronym title='She who must be obeyed'>SWMBO</acronym> to come home so we could run a few quick errands, I too turned on MLB Network and said .... WTF ?!?! :D

@umpire cordova:

And by the way ....

That is the one.... It works so well with the chest protector it's almost like it was made for it.

KFINN / Fittske .....

I'm assuming there are MANY other uses for that pullover too! ;)