DOUGLAS GETS BACK IN THE GAME! NEW CHEST PROTECTORS AND SHINS

DOUGLAS
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3703 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Douglas Pads & Sports would like to re-introduce its line of Umpire Chest Protectors, and Shin Guards.

As a leader in manufacturing one of the leading lines of custom football shoulder pads for NFL, NCAA and thousands of high school teams world wide, we put that knowledge, design technology, and craftsmanship into our line of umpire gear.

We are proud that our line of umpire gear is MADE IN THE USA, for an American Sport.

The same quality, craftsmanship, and protection, Made in the U.S.A., as the previous versions of Douglas Chest Protectors and Shin Guards.

The new 2012 models are now manufactured with Gray Plastic, Navy Blue Cushions and Black Trim. See pictures below.

They come with one of the industry's best warranties, of 1 year on parts and craftsmanship.

You can now purchase these Umpire Chest Protectors and Shin Guards in the following sizes:

Chest Protector Sizes: 12", 13", 15"

Weight: 2.7lbs-3lbs Each

Shin Guard Sizes: 16", 17", 18", 19" 20"

Weight: 1.85lbs-2.5lbs Each leg

Cost for Chest Protectors are $159.99 plus tax and shipping

Cost for Shin Guards are $169.99 plus tax and shipping

Let this be the last Chest Protector, and set of Shin Guards you will ever need to purchase!

You can purchase these items by calling Douglas at 713-697-9787, or emailing directly to jeffcook@douglaspads.com

post-2104-0-34564500-1332858301_thumb.jp

post-2104-0-73966400-1332858360_thumb.jp

post-2104-0-43144400-1332858484_thumb.jp

post-2104-0-86470600-1332858497_thumb.jp

Let this be the last Chest Protector, and set of Shin Guards you will ever need to purchase!

:spit:

Who do you think you are talking too, here?

:rolleyes:

You know why they say that don't you?

There's only one reason I can think of, and it's too morbid to really think about it.

• Like 1

:spit:

Who do you think you are talking too, here?

:rolleyes:

You know why they say that don't you?

There's only one reason I can think of, and it's too morbid to really think about it.

You're funny Andrew...

No, it's because when your Douglas stuff gets "crappy" and old, ...you can send them in for refurbishing!

Well shoot I was just going to order the All Star as soon as Warren sent me my Ump Attire discount code but now I'm not sure.

Same here! Almost pulled the trigger on the All-Star!!!

Can someone enlighten me? What makes the Douglas so awesomely awesome?

Dix,

Douglas was the first to team up with Joe West, and ...made the very first West Vest (gold) with JW. You'll find from time to time on eBay, a "West Vest by Douglas" ...this is virtually the original, and it's basically what you see today but just better (w/ more up to date schtuff). it's proven, it's streamline, low profile, and comfy. AND ...it doesn't have a huge stupid W in the middle of it. :D

I've got a West Vest by Douglas, and have had several. They're fine, and I sleep well know my Junior umpires are protected by these rigs.

I still like the collarbone protection of my Platinum best.

Part of the allure of the Douglas, Riddell, +POS SUL, Carlucci, etc. is their rarity. It's not that they're magical, or that much better than current rigs. There's a cool factor that they have.

It's great that Douglas is putting this solid piece of gear back on the Market. Every protector is sized differently, so I'm sure these will appeal to a lot folks who may not like the WV or All Star. It's a great option.

• Like 1

Dix,

Douglas was the first to team up with Joe West, and ...made the very first West Vest (gold) with JW. You'll find from time to time on eBay, a "West Vest by Douglas" ...this is virtually the original, and it's basically what you see today but just better (w/ more up to date schtuff). it's proven, it's streamline, low profile, and comfy. AND ...it doesn't have a huge stupid W in the middle of it. :D

Here is a pic of my WV Douglas I recently resold on eBay.

New_Douglas.JPG

Dix,

Rolando, why white? Why not gray?

The Douglas is a pretty cool rig. I really like it. It's light, sleek, and comfortable---after it's broken in. (And it doesn't break in very easily.)

Now, unless you actually modify it like Fittske and Rolo did, the thinner pads and that shoulder gap make it a little dangerous at 85 or above. I use it as an alternate for standard high school and standard men's leagues. But if you do games with higher velocity pitching, I'd go with the Gold, or as some are recommending, the System Seven.

I saw my first Douglas on ebay and grabbed it largely due to its mystique and its ridiculously low auction price ($42). (I also got the shins for $20 more.) I grabbed another new CP from Douglas a couple of years back when Thunder found out they could make a few dozen more. That one was also somewhat of a bargain ($100).

I will say that I'm glad I got the black ones. And I'm glad I didn't have to pay $160. Geez, I paid $140 for two.

Would also buy the Shin Guards but wow I can't afford that price right now!

What is it with Shin Guards lately and their prices???? :no:

Good grief! A buck-seventy for shin guards? Come on, now, Douglas! How could that possibly be worth it? Are they self-cleaning?

Dix,

New_Douglas.JPG

Rolando, why white? Why not gray?

White was all he had at the time. I kinda liked it because it gave it a Unique look.

The Douglas is a pretty cool rig. I really like it. It's light, sleek, and comfortable---after it's broken in. (And it doesn't break in very easily.)

Also, unless you actually modify it like Fittske and Rolo did, the thinner pads and that shoulder gap make it a little dangerous at 85 or above. I use it as an alternate, but if you do games with higher velocity pitching, I'd go with the Gold.

In combination ? Or, are you saying everywhere the padding is too thin?

I have a Douglas and really like it. For the levels that I work I wear it, along with the System 7 or the Gold as the mood strikes me. It is light and very low profile but the System 7 is cooler and almost as sleek. I am glad they are back although this likely trashes the value of my black model. JaxRolo sold at the peak!!

I have a Douglas and really like it. For the levels that I work I wear it, along with the System 7 or the Gold as the mood strikes me. It is light and very low profile but the System 7 is cooler and almost as sleek. I am glad they are back although this likely trashes the value of my black model. JaxRolo sold at the peak!!

Just a reminder! $281 :yippie:

• Like 1