Finnerty Supply Bucket

misterblack36
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2535 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Ever since I heard that this local college umpire got dropped mid-series for cleaning his shoes while his crew chief was doing his post-game debriefing, I started putting my dirty shoes right into a Ziploc Big Bag for cleaning later on. It keeps my equipment bag cleaner, it seals in any shoe odor and it keeps me from getting dropped by some Draconian crew chief.

Ever since I heard that this local college umpire got dropped mid-series for cleaning his shoes while his crew chief was doing his post-game debriefing, I started putting my dirty shoes right into a Ziploc Big Bag for cleaning later on. It keeps my equipment bag cleaner, it seals in any shoe odor and it keeps me from getting dropped by some Draconian crew chief.

:shakehead::shrug: :no:

Wow! Control freak much? How fragile of an ego must one have to be offended over somebody cleaning shoes? I can't say I blame you!

That's about as ridiculous as saying one has to wear Honigs shirts to move up.

Good thread folks, Kevin looks like you have quite the bucket following. :notworthy:

Honest... it's that weird moving up around here.

The Honig's shirt thing also still exists just south of here.

Interesting. I never ran into that in said college unit and I wore Ump-Attire stuff on the plate (shirt and ball bag).

WHOLY CRAP!!! This is something I never thought of. WOW. Im still trying to get into the college unit here in the PacNW... I might just have to put this into effect when I audition this year.

Back to the bucket:

Hey Kevin,

My partner, (UrOutandUrUgly2) just ran across this thread and he called me:

"Holy $hi& Jeff, ...I have to have one of these, ...this Finnerty guy is a genius!" LMAO

I said, ..."dude, ...welcome to the equipment forum!"

He saw my posts on here and he wants to meet up to see what I'm doing, ....man this is great!

He's so excited to put together his FSB!!

Sidenote: He's the guy who actually got me into 'bottles' in my car, ...... cleaning solution, water, etc, etc.....it's the first thing I saw when I met this cat. I met him as he was spraying his shoes down w/ water before a tournament game and I thought...."what the ....."

NOW look at me!

:D

WHOLY CRAP!!! This is something I never thought of. WOW. Im still trying to get into the college unit here in the PacNW... I might just have to put this into effect when I audition this year.

Frankly, if somebody is going to be that much of a control freak to lose it over cleaning shoes, who knows what other idiosyncrasies might make him flip? I sure hope there's another layer to the story there but knowing some of the egos in officiating, there probably isn't.

Question on my FSB...do you remove the metal handle on the bucket? I have a snow day today so I'm going to start on my FSB. I'm putting my sleeve on the bucket today and it seems like the handle needs to be removed. I'm looking at it thinking that its so obvious, but what did the rest of you do with your FSB? Or if the originator himself is on here...should I remove the metal handle?

Question on my FSB...do you remove the metal handle on the bucket? I have a snow day today so I'm going to start on my FSB. I'm putting my sleeve on the bucket today and it seems like the handle needs to be removed. I'm looking at it thinking that its so obvious, but what did the rest of you do with your FSB? Or if the originator himself is on here...should I remove the metal handle?

Johnnyg, ....

based on KFINN's first sets of pictures on page 1 , ....yes, .... I don't see the handle in the pics he posted

Large Big Bag 5 pack ordered from Amazon free 2 day shipping to my front door!!

I was looking at KFINNs list today of what is inside the bucket and sleeve, and he lists XL Ziplocs, ...not true. See my picture of the bags he's referring to above. Johnnyg, you got it right! :D