Finnerty Supply Bucket

misterblack36
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2556 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I made a complete list and took a few pics, which is really all I had time for today. It really is a lot of stuff to carry, but the bucket idea makes it very compact.

I use a five-gallon baseball bucket with a snap-tight seat/lid, and a Diamond coach’s bucket cover with a carrying strap and a bunch of pockets (I've been throwing this Diamond bag around for over five years, and it's showing almost no signs of wear.):

photo3.jpg

Diamond Bucket Cover on Amazon

And it fits beautifully under the roll-out cover and behind my Pro Nine in the cargo area in the back of my S.U.V. (standard umpire vehicle):

photo1.jpgphoto2-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

The baseball bucket with the seat lid and the organizer cover works well for a couple of reasons aside from its capacity to carry so many items. The snap-tight lid will keep any spilled liquid from leaking out. It also doubles as a seat for you or a partner.

It's hard to believe, but this is a complete list of everything that is in this bucket that I carry around:

INSIDE THE BUCKET

SPRAY BOTTLES

PLAIN WATER

CAP FRESH SOLUTION (a very small amount of Febreze with water)

FEBREZE SPORT (extra-strength Febreze for gear padding and gear bags, etc.)

MURPHY'S OIL SOAP SOLUTION (for cleaning shoes)

CAN OF SCRUBBING BUBBLES (for cleaning shoes more quickly and easily, and for cleaning CP and shins)

CAN OF HAIR SPRAY (for shining cleaned shoes)

TIDE FABRIC DEWRINKLER

ZYMOL LEATHER CONDITIONER (for conditioning mask pads)

SCRUB BRUSH (shoes, mainly)

LARGE ROUND RUBBERMAID CONTAINER (fits inside the bucket)

CLEAN MICROFIBER TOWELS

SPIRITS OF AMMONIA (for cooling towels)

OUTSIDE POCKETS

SHOE CARE (and doctoring):

MICROFIBER POLISHING MITT

SHOE SHINING BRUSH

SPARE SHOEHORN

SPARE SHOELACES

BLACK LEATHER DYE

BLACK NAIL POLISH (for doctoring small logos on shoes)

INK & PAINT REMOVING STICK (for getting stains off shoes and mask pads)

BLACK SHARPIE

SPONGE PAINT BRUSH

ADHESIVES AND FASTENERS:

VELCRO STRIPS (for attaching patches)

TWO-SIDED ADHESIVE STRIPS (same)

POST-IT TEMPORARY ADHESIVE PUTTY (same)

MINI-BUNGEE CORDS

CARABINERS

PLASTIC CLIPS (for blocking new caps)

SPORTS TAPE

BLACK GORILLA REPAIR TAPE (generally for mask and CP harness taping)

TOOLS:

MULTI-USE TOOL

MULTI-HEAD SCREWDRIVER

LARGE SHEERS

SMALL SCISSORS

WIRE BRUSH (for bottoms of shoes)

MISCELLANEOUS:

MESH HAMPER

XL ZIPLOCK BAGS (for dirty shoes)

RUBBING MUD

CAP BRUSH

DRY-CLEANING WIPES

LINT ROLLER

BOUNCE FABRIC SOFTENER SHEETS (for deodorizing shoes)

CAN WD40

WD40 FELT TIP PEN (for zippers and indicator wheels)

CAN OF INSECT REPELLENT

SUNSCREEN

STEAM BUDDY (of course)

• Like 5

I made a complete list and took a few pics, which is really all I had time for today. It really is a lot of stuff to carry, but the bucket idea makes it very compact.

I use a five-gallon baseball bucket with a snap-tight seat/lid, and a Diamond coach’s bucket cover with a carrying strap and a bunch of pockets:

photo3.jpg

(I've been throwing this Diamond bag around for over five years, and it's showing almost no signs of wear.)

And it fits beautifully under the roll-out cover and behind my Pro Nine in the cargo area in the back of my S.U.V. (standard umpire vehicle):

photo1.jpgphoto2-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

It's hard to believe, but this is a complete list of everything that is in this bucket that I carry around:

INSIDE THE BUCKET

SPRAY BOTTLES:

PLAIN WATER

CAP FRESH SOLUTION

FEBREZE SPORT

MURPHY'S OIL SOAP SOLUTION

CAN OF SCRUBBING BUBBLES

CAN OF HAIR SPRAY

TIDE FABRIC DEWRINKLER

ZYMOL LEATHER CONDITIONER

SCRUB BRUSH

LARGE ROUND RUBBERMAID CONTAINER (fits inside the bucket):

CLEAN MICROFIBER TOWELS

SPIRITS OF AMMONIA (for cooling towels)

OUTSIDE POCKETS

SHOE CARE (and doctoring):

MICROFIBER POLISHING MITT

SHOE SHINING BRUSH

SPARE SHOEHORN

SPARE SHOELACES

BLACK LEATHER DYE

BLACK NAIL POLISH

INK & PAINT REMOVING STICK

BLACK SHARPIE

SPONGE PAINT BRUSH

ADHESIVES AND FASTENERS:

VELCRO STRIPS

TWO-SIDED ADHESIVE STRIPS

POST-IT TEMPORARY ADHESIVE PUTTY

MINI-BUNGEE CORDS

CARABINERS

PLASTIC CLIPS (for blocking new caps)

SPORTS TAPE

BLACK GORILLA REPAIR TAPE

TOOLS:

MULTI-USE TOOL

MULTI-HEAD SCREWDRIVER

LARGE SHEERS

SMALL SCISSORS

WIRE BRUSH

MISCELLANEOUS:

MESH HAMPER

XL ZIPLOCK BAGS (for dirty shoes)

RUBBING MUD

CAP BRUSH

DRY-CLEANING WIPES

LINT ROLLER

BOUNCE FABRIC SOFTENER SHEETS (for deodorizing shoes)

CAN WD40

WD40 FELT TIP PEN (for zippers and indicator wheels)

CAN OF INSECT REPELLENT

SUNSCREEN

Damn. I think I need a cigarette.

• Like 6

You're welcome! It was fun. And with this friggin' iPhone, it was quick!

In my opinion, if it doesn't take up much room, then carry it. A full 80 percent of the crap in that bucket is useful and the rest could very well come in handy sometime. So why not have it? The same goes for that trunk organizer--which has another whole array of stuff--and that +POS bag that I use for base games. Then there's the Pro Nine itself. Talk about a $hitIoad of stuff! So I can sling that bucket over my shoulder, grab the handle of the Pro Nine and grab my garment bag, and go into the house or a locker room and have everything an umpire could possibly need. It's the coolest.

I can also fit it all perfectly in the back of my ride.

This gear and supply thing is a process. A very enjoyable process.

• Like 1

Holy crap, I restored a car with less stuff than that. I would list the contents of my travel bucket but, clearly I am not worthy. I declare that the game is over and KF wins.

Thank you, buddy!

... I had this dude make fun of me for how over-prepared I am to work a ballgame. Then, I worked with him again, and he forgot his white undershirt (I had several, of course: crew, mock, short-sleeve, long-sleeve, cold gear, heat gear). But the best part was when he broke a shoelace (New Balance, of course), and I whipped out some shoelaces and a needle-nose pliers. He doesn't have anything to say anymore.

• Like 2

You know, Triguy, you got me thinking. So I priced out the bucket and its contents.

The bucket with the seat cover was $12, and at the time, the bucket cover was $20. The contents of the bucket, including the tools and all of the supplies is a little over $100. So it's $132, give or take. The most expensive thing in the bucket was a small container of Lena Blackburne's Rubbing Mud at $17. Some of those solutions cost pennies, and many of the other products were only a buck or two. It's a mobile utility room.

• Like 1

kevin u have everythig u need... well organized and ready for any malfunction with ur gear..good for u...but i was wondering kevin...i d hate to be u packing to go on vacation for a month to say europe...ud have to get ur cargo shipped to ur destination lolol...as usual u are very imformative and give us fellow umpires good ideas to incorporate into our gear

Ok kev. Can I order one properly stocked and have it shipped to me. I'm actually only half joking. I would actually buy that from you.

I actually might be someone that would buy this from you. And $130 or so for the ease of having it done for you might not be a bad idea.

Question, can you also sit on this miracle bucket so that you dont have to carry a chair as well?

I would say that the total would come out to $150 to $160 including shipping of the whole thing. Of course shipping depends on distance away from the sender.

Before you agree to it, check the legalities of shipping some of the supplies. I'd suspect some of it wouldn't be allowed.

Ok kev. Can I order one properly stocked and have it shipped to me. I'm actually only half joking. I would actually buy that from you.

I actually might be someone that would buy this from you. And $130 or so for the ease of having it done for you might not be a bad idea.

Question, can you also sit on this miracle bucket so that you dont have to carry a chair as well?

It has a snap-on lid that allows you to sit on it. I tested it with my biggest-ever partner.