Umpire Equipment and Uniform Items For Sale-Begins Monday, Jan 30, 2012

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4009 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Umpire Equipment/Uniforms For Sale

My son decided to hang up umpiring and since I bought all of his gear for him he graciously returned it to me for disposal. I also have a number of excess items that I need to get rid of. Below is the list. All sold as-is, no warranty or returns. BUT, all is high quality gear that has not been abused or neglected. All of the equipment, and most of the uniform items, except for the size 10 NB 450 Plate shoes and the microfiber jackets, has not been worn for about four years now. It has all been stored in gear bag or closet.

I promised my good buddy, Frank, Cuban on this site, first dibs but only gave him until Sunday night to make his selections. Starting Monday, if he doesn't want it, I will begin accepting offer by PM. Don't send me any messages until after 6 am Eastern please.

Equipment

1. West Vest Chest Protector, circa 1999 model. Still an excellent CP. All straps, rivets, padding intact and in good working order, Has Patent # printed on chest plate, this is the Velcro on padding adjustable plate model, in all black, comparable to the basic Wilson with gray plastic plates they sell now but this one is thicker in the padding and the plastic portions, the silly biceps guards are NOT included-thrown away during the first season of use --$65
  2. Gerry Davis Original Shin Guards (Two pair)- 17.5 inch size (1 pair) and 15 inch (1 pair) Black with Gerry Davis Logo in Red/white down front. The 15 inch has the ankle protection plates intact. The 17.5 inch do not--I cut them off since I wear high TOP plate shoes---does not affect the fit or protection.- $30 each pair
  3. Gerry Davis Single Bar Mask-Navy- lightweight with navy/doeskin pads and Gerry Davis Harness- $25
  4. Honig’s Double Bar Mask-black-with Gerry Davis black/doeskin pads and Gerry Davis harness with Wilson Sun Shield- $25
  5. New Balance 450 Plate Shoes, size 12 D. Very good shape. N’s blacked out on side.-$25
  6. New Balance 450 Plate Shoes, Size 10 D. Okay Shape. N’s Blacked out on side-$15
  7. Under Armour Base Shoes, Size 12 R, okay shape, black with logo-$15.
  8. Black Honig’s ball bags (2) with Elastic TOP-- $5
  9. Navy Ump-Attire Original Style Ball Bags (2) with Elastic TOP-- $5
  10. Belt, 1 ¾ inch-Boston Brand, Size 38 (for up to 36 waist), glossy--$5
  11. Belt, 1 ¾ inch—brand unknown, size 38 (also for up to 36 waist), non-glossy--$5
  12. Extra large gym bag, Nike, Black with large white Swoosh along outside, with large main compartment, two end pockets and long pocket along front side and small accessory pocket inside—very used. Holds all of the equipment listed above comfortably. No wheels. Long padded, shoulder strap and carry handles.--$5

Total value At Least $255. Buy the whole lot of equipment for $225 plus shipping.

Uniform Items

1. Navy, brushed nylon, ¼ zip, pullover jacket with White/Red/White shoulder stripes, open bottom for tucking in pants--+POS Brand-Size Large, warm and fuzzy lining- Number 22 in red w/white outline on left sleeve--$25
  1. Navy, microfiber, ¼ zip, pullover jacket with White/Red/White shoulder stripes, open bottom for tucking in pants—Honig’s Brand-Size Large, NO fuzzy lining, lightweight- No numbers--$25
  2. Black, microfiber, ¼ zip, pullover jacket, with white shoulder stripes, open bottom for tucking in pants, Honig’s brand, no numbers--$25
  3. Black, microfiber, ¼ zip, pullover jacket with white shoulder stripes, rib knit bottom, size medium, number 22 on sleeve, MLB size 3.5 inches, white, black, white,--$25
  4. Navy, microfiber, ¼ zip, pullover jacket, with powder blue/white shoulder stripes, rib knit bottom, Honig’s brand, no numbers--$25
  5. Navy shirt, Short sleeve, #62 in 4 inch red on white on sleeve, size large, non-mesh nylon,Official’s Choice Brand---$5
  6. Black shirt, short sleeve, #62 in white/black/white on sleeve, size large, non-mesh nylon, Official’s Choice brand--$5
  7. Powder blue with navy/white striping on collar/sleeves, size large, #62 in navy/white on sleeve, non-mesh nylon, Official’s Choice Brand--$5
  8. Powder blue with navy/white striping on collar/sleeves, size large, no numbers, Ump-Attire ultimate brand (2011 model) --$5
  9. Honig’s Brand, Poly-wool, charcoal, base pants. 36R waist, length 31,--$15
  10. Honig’s Brand Poly-wool, charcoal, plate pants. 36R waist, length 31--$15
  11. Gerry Davis, charcoal, flex waist, combo pants, 34 waist, length 32--$10
  12. Honig’s, heather grey, combo pants, 34 waist, length 32--$10

Total value at least $195 Buy the whole lot for $175 plus shipping.

No, I don't have pics. It is all in great shape. I would have no qualms wearing any of it right now in a college game and some of it has been worn in college ball.

Thanks for looking. NO PM's for this stuff until Monday morning please.

DCT

• Like 1

Thats what I wanted.

If they don't fit me (I'm worried the length might be a bit short), I'll let you know.

You have to wait until Monday to PM Dave about this stuff. Did you read his post?

You have to wait until Monday to PM Dave about this stuff. Did you read his post?

Obviously not. I read it as "The offer is there for someone else until Sunday, so I'll start taking dibs here." Completely missed the PMs starting Monday.

Oh well. It won't hurt my feelings too much if I don't get them.

Obviously not. I read it as "The offer is there for someone else until Sunday, so I'll start taking dibs here." Completely missed the PMs starting Monday.

Oh well. It won't hurt my feelings too much if I don't get them.

An honest mistake...nobody on here can say that they have never misread a post.

:) ZM watching "Friends" re-runs all night just to get his <acronym title='Private message'>PM </acronym>in first. De-di-ca-tion to the polywools!

Funny :)

I actually just set my alarm, woke up and sent the PM, and went back to sleep.

He contacted the people that claimed items first. He's working on the payments and shipments, so that's why you might not have heard anything recently. Probably just a bit busy.

Okay,

Sorry guys. I haven't been online much this week. Work and personal life got a bit out of control this week. All is well. Just put me behind.

I will answer all the PM's and e-mails tonight or tomorrow. Posting on this topic won't do it. PM is the key. Sorry. I thought I was clear in my original post.

Update on status of items. Poly-Wools were the first ones to go. Gerry Davis Combos and black ball bags are gone. Been paid for those. Others have inquired and been responded to but no payments in hand yet. So, I will give it another couple of days and I will then update the listing and let you know.

I will try to take pics with my phone and those who want them on stuff like shoes, I will try to email pics from phone. I assure you, any of this stuff is worthy of use and work at the highest levels of amateur baseball with no worries or issues. I have worn or my son has worn in high school games and american legion senior level games or college games including D-I. I would have no problems wearing any of it right now.

Thanks for reading and for all the interest.

DCT

Update

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, Since this original thread/post was started I have A: moved from KC, MO back to Lansing, KS. B. Gotten back together with THE love of my life after a six month break and C: sold some of the original list of gear. The following is what I have left.

Equipment

• Gerry Davis Original Shin Guards - Black with Gerry Davis Logo in Red/white down front. $30
  • New Balance 450 Plate Shoes, Size 10 D. Okay Shape. N’s Blacked out on side-$15
  • Belt, 1 ¾ inch-Boston Brand, Size 38 (for up to 36 waist), glossy--$5
  • Belt, 1 ¾ inch—brand unknown, size 38 (also for up to 36 waist), non-glossy--$5

Uniform Items

• Navy, brushed nylon, ¼ zip, pullover jacket with White/Red/White shoulder stripes, open bottom for tucking in pants--+POS Brand-Size Large, warm and fuzzy lining- Number 22 in red w/white outline on left sleeve--$25

• Black, microfiber, ¼ zip, pullover jacket with white shoulder stripes, rib knit bottom, size medium, number 22 on sleeve, MLB size 3.5 inches, white, black, white,--$25
  • Black shirt, short sleeve, #62 in white/black/white on sleeve, size large, non-mesh nylon, Official’s Choice brand--$5
  • Honig’s, heather grey, combo pants, 34 waist, length 32--$10
  • Honig's, Navy microfiber 1/4 zip pullover jacket with white/powder/white shoulder stripes and elastic waist. Size L. No numbers.- $25

PM me for anything you want. Yahwetag asked about the Shins. I am PMing him again if he wants them and Klah316 asked about the belts and I have emailed him. I will update this thread as I can.

Thanks.

DCT

Dave,

Im curious about the sizes on uniform #s 1, 2, and 3? (the Honigs #1 not the +POS #1.) and why the different number on the sleeves? He had numbers 22 and 63 on different items. Just curious.

Thanks,

Arik

Arik,

Sold the Honig's. The numbers differences are that I wear 22, when I wear a number, I am weaning myself from them as they mean nothing. I am in like 15 different organizations now in KC MO/KS area and numbers are optional. Waste of money I think now although I was really into it when I first got started. (Both of my kids were born on 22d day of differing months and years). The #62 was my son's number assigned to him in his HS association where he worked in Louisville, KY. Sorry for any confusion. I also listed a navy honig's microfiber with white/powder/white shoulder striping and elastic waist.

If interested. Let me know.

DCT

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Remaining items

-Navy with white/powder/white shoulder striping Honig's Size L microfiber 1/4 zip pullover with elastic waist and no numbers

-Navy with white/red/white shoulder striping +POS size L Nylon lined 1/4 zip pullover without elastic waist and number 22 in 4 inch red/white on sleeve.

-Black with white shoulder striping Honig's Size M microfiber 1/4 zip pullover with elastic waist and 3 inch white/black/white number 22 on sleeve.

-New Balance 450 plate shoes size 10 D with N's blacked out.

-New Balance 350 mid-height base shoes size 10 D with N's blacked out.

-Belts, glossy Boston brand and non-glossy Dalco brand, size 38 inches (for 36 waist). Love 2 Ump has claimed but no payment received yet.

-Navy Official's Choice brand short sleeve shirt , Size L with red/white trim and number 62 on sleeve in red/white.

-Black Official's Choice brand short sleeve shirt, size L with white/black/white number 62 on sleeve

If you want any of it, contact me by PM please.

Thanks for reading

• 1 year later...