"Wish List" for my LL Umpires

KLAH316
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4518 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

All,

I am also the UIC/Scheduler for my local Little League. Our league has a shed at the fields where all of our umpire equipment is kept during the season so the junior umpires can use it for the games and then put it back.

Our equipment manager just emailed me asking for my wishlist of new equipment for the Spring 2012 season since we haven't gotten any new gear in a while.

I replied 6 HSM (We have 4 fields running at any given time and less than 1/2 of my umpires have their own", 6 DCP-U Diamond Chest Protectors (lightweight and perfect for Minors LL) and 6 new sets of Diamond shin guards.

Our league also provides League Logo'd Blue T-Shirts, Hats and those nylon umpire gear bags w/brush and indicator to all our Junior Umpires as well.

Any other thoughts on what I should ask for within reason?? I'm thinking more bang for the buck, thats why I asked for the Diamond Chests.

Thanks for your input in advance!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Scour craigslist, ebay and the umpire forums for used equipment.

I outfitted a LL a couple years ago and came in under budget doing it this way.

Most used equipment is being upgraded from and is appropriate for LL. The equipment will be "used" after one game anyway.