is this a joke?

CallMeBlue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5126 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I just made an account for the first time ever on here.. i googled "umpire forums" because i am a new umpire for little league and my first game was yesterday. Anyways I see a post saying my name in it, what is this about? is that somebody somewhere else? I just thought of this name because i thought it was cool..

im sorry, i googled, Little league umpire forums.

i just read some pages in the other post but im not that person and i have no clue what they did, i can create a new name or something if you want, i can show you my myspace and everything.. im 20 years old and umpired my 1st game last night.. was amazing but the coaches tried testing me.

Edited by CallMeBlue

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was part of an April's Fools Day joke. Warren used a program that made you see your name. Anybody that was signed in saw just their name. All in harmless good fun. It is a similar program as my signature that shows what browser yo use, IP address and other things unigue to you. You are the only one that sees it, it does the same to me.

Welcome to the board. Look through some posts, get a feel for the board and jump right in.

It was part of an April's Fools Day joke. Warren used a program that made you see your name. Anybody that was signed in saw just their name. All in harmless good fun. It is a similar program as my signature that shows what browser yo use, IP address and other things unigue to you. You are the only one that sees it, it does the same to me.

Welcome to the board. Look through some posts, get a feel for the board and jump right in.

man that crap isnt funny. im laughin but still. screw warren.

lol.

thanks for clearin that up.

man that crap isnt funny. im laughin but still. screw warren.

Now, now there is no reason to "Screw Warren" he is a Hell of a guy, with a HELL of a lot of patients to host this site with all of the malcontents that run around here (myself included... public enemy #1). Welcome to the site, good luck with your season. FYI, I got burned on this prank about a night ago, and I should know better!!!

Now, now there is no reason to "Screw Warren" he is a Hell of a guy, with a HELL of a lot of patients to host this site with all of the malcontents that run around here (myself included... public enemy #1).

Thanks kwiggie, we're all having fun. I actually love running the site it is an extension of my umpiring, and has been very personally rewarding. It also helps me get through the off season.

As the original target of the April Fool's joke, I thought it was a hoot (once I figured out what was going on).

Warren, as the Head Misfit in this bunch of n'er do wells, you're doing just fine. Keep up the good work.

so yea i didnt really mean "screw warren" lol.. im just sayin i got tricked.. felt like a fool the 1st minute on the site LoL. Anyways yea my 2nd game got rained out : (. thanks again for highlighting the important terms with a definition. im anxious about screwin up cuz my 1st game ever went so smooth. the only thing i got challenged on was a check swing. then same coach started screaming at me next inning because he doesnt know the rules : ).

(2 outs nobody on full count, kid foul tips ball into catchers glove, i call strike 3 batters out)

he starts in, did you not freakin hear the foul tip!?!?! HOW DID YOU NOT HEAR THAT? I go on to explain that if the catcher would have dropped the ball then it would have been The same as a foul ball.. he totally missed the point. so his other coach comes over and explains it.. while the Opposing teams coach says, cmon tom you know the rules, dont try n pull a fast 1 on the new guy. then "Tom" said sorry and went to his dugout.

so yea i didnt really mean "screw warren" lol.. im just sayin i got tricked.. felt like a fool the 1st minute on the site LoL. Anyways yea my 2nd game got rained out : (. thanks again for highlighting the important terms with a definition. im anxious about screwin up cuz my 1st game ever went so smooth. the only thing i got challenged on was a check swing. then same coach started screaming at me next inning because he doesnt know the rules : ).

(2 outs nobody on full count, kid foul tips ball into catchers glove, i call strike 3 batters out)

he starts in, did you not freakin hear the foul tip!?!?! HOW DID YOU NOT HEAR THAT? I go on to explain that if the catcher would have dropped the ball then it would have been The same as a foul ball.. he totally missed the point. so his other coach comes over and explains it.. while the Opposing teams coach says, cmon tom you know the rules, dont try n pull a fast 1 on the new guy. then "Tom" said sorry and went to his dugout.

Firstly, welcome to the board. I too found the April Fools day prank a bit unnerving..trying to figure out what the hell I did :eek: As for your 1st game experiences..now you know the truth, a lot of coaches don't know the rules. He acted like he did,:rollinglaugh: but the other coach gave him an out and a chance to exit gracefully. I'm sure you will learn or hopefully mentord over time that behavior like that should be shut down quickly. That's why this forum is a great place to post game events and get feedback from a lot of very experienced guys who will offer advice on how to deal with situations so you can go onto the diamond with confidence.