New All-Star CPU30 Chest Protector

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4352 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Has anyone seen the new All-Star CPU30? Only a couple of places carry it. All-Star sent me the back view photo. It is plated, yet light weight. It features a moldable collar bone area for custom fitting, and the whole protector is very form fitting. I'm not a big WV fan, so save all the "WV rules" stuff for someone who cares.:home:

All-StarCPU30protector.jpg

CPU30.jpg

No, I don't have one yet, but I plan to get it for next season (I've been retired since mid-'06, but am coming back next season). It is plated, as Nate says.

Nate, I haven't held one yet. Is it really buff? It looks as protective as the CPU28PRO, which has awesome protection. This one is even lighter, though.

If it's plated, where are the hard shell plates at? Aside from the shoulders/arms, it looks like a soft shell protector.

You can see the plates from the back view.

No, I don't have one yet, but I plan to get it for next season (I've been retired since mid-'06, but am coming back next season). It is plated, as Nate says.

Nate, I haven't held one yet. Is it really buff? It looks as protective as the CPU28PRO, which has awesome protection. This one is even lighter, though.

It's decent in thickness.. What the guy told me who had it was it doesn't hurt when you get hit at all, but you can feel the pressure agaist your chest.

I might end up buying one and trying it out next year. It looks pretty good and not bulky.

Nate

By the way, I'm happy to announce that All-Star used me as model & inspiration for this CP. ;)

Whoops - sorry, my mistake - I was the model for this one:

ALLSTAR_CPU-2.gif

:home:

Thanks for making me laugh really, really hard!!! I needed a good laugh this morning!:HD:

I was looking at the 28PRO (or what ever it is called) I liked th way it looked, except it kinda looks like a furnace to me.

This new one looks good as well

The 28 is actually very cool as well due to the many vent holes, plus it's really light too. I'd really like to have both, but my wife would kill me if I bought two chest protectors. Maybe I could tell her that one is for her.:home:

• 1 month later...

Might be interesting to know how thick the plates are...I have a soft shell with plates and I can "feel" a hit to the chest. Suprised me the first time too. I did not get "hurt" but it did hurt when I got hit.

FWIW...i have an AD Starr CP...same as the Pro Nine and Champro.

• 1 year later...

I was looking at the 28PRO (or what ever it is called) I liked th way it looked, except it kinda looks like a furnace to me.

The 28 is actually very cool as well due to the many vent holes, plus it's really light too. I'd really like to have both, but my wife would kill me if I bought two chest protectors. Maybe I could tell her that one is for her.:home:

Are you a honey-do??----------------Don't forget the boss today. That goes for all of us.

On another note:

Give us your take on this CP if and when you use it. You are an excellent source.

Are you a honey-do??----------------Don't forget the boss today. That goes for all of us.

On another note:

Give us your take on this CP if and when you use it. You are an excellent source.

We have one in our umpire closet, and one of my adult umpires has one. They're okay. The DO NOT protect like a hard shell, though. I ended up buying a Gold for the adult who was moving up to HS ball.

All Star has a new one coming out, It will be hard shell, and pretty cool. I think I saw it on TV last night, under a plate coat. Save up your nickles, my children.

All Star has a new one coming out, It will be hard shell, and pretty cool. I think I saw it on TV last night, under a plate coat. Save up your nickles, my children.

Judging by some of All-Star's pricing, I may only have to save up pennies.

My question too...what game? Thanks.

Worked this weekend with a guy who has a Riddell. Very nice, old but nice. Thinks that due to the lawsuit there's a warehouse somewhere full of unsold new ones....

• 11 months later...

Bringing back an old thread, im thinking of this cp. anyone have an experiences with it over the last year?

I want a tough soft shell. I have a plated all star thats just to small in the neck area. I also have the cheap champ pro which I love, but I took a shot in a varsity game tonight thats making me re consider it. I will be calling 18u this summer and naia next season. I will not chance that with the champ pro.

I know a guy who has one. It's big, it's lumpy, and restrictive ( and he looks the of bastard son of the Staypuff Marshmellow man. ). Plus, it doesn't protect as well as pro gear will.

Get pro gear, and you'll never regret it. Trust me on this, csabo.

• Like 1