Rain delay or Cancellation?

stl_ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3273 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hiding out in our Umpire room.

I'm just jealous that you can make that statement! My umpire room is typically the front of my vehicle.

Also send some of that rain to So Cal please!

• Like 2

We have fields that your done on and fields you could play on. Any dirt, you're done for the day. Turf field, wait the thirty and if it let's up, play.

It was raining like that last week an hour before my game, by game time it was just drizzling. We played. Coaches had to dry off the bases in between batters but we played. I got lucky to have almost strictly turf fields for my first two weeks.

We have fields that your done on and fields you could play on. Any dirt, you're done for the day. Turf field, wait the thirty and if it let's up, play.

It was raining like that last week an hour before my game, by game time it was just drizzling. We played. Coaches had to dry off the bases in between batters but we played. I got lucky to have almost strictly turf fields for my first two weeks.

We can fix the dirt part. You need to have the field so it will drain (slope and material) then it's just top dress it.

We can fix the dirt part. You need to have the field so it will drain (slope and material) then it's just top dress it.

Most of our dirt fields aren't graded well. Most of the ones I do regularly, the out field puddles horribly. Only two, eh, maybe 3, have decent enough grading to play after a pour down and I've only seen quick dry at one of them.

Next year will be better, I heard two more complexes are going turf this fall.