Some Promotions Announced for Our MiLB Friends

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3415 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 2 weeks later...

Were some deals cut in regards to Jim Evans lawsuit?

I am sponsoring one of our young umpires at The Umpire School this Jan and noticed that Justin was not on the staff anymore.

I know Justin is running replay in NY BUT and Jim now has a position in MILB:

â€œMinor League Baseball hired Jim Evans as Umpire Advisor, a new special advisor position created by MiLB. In his role as a special advisor for the league, Evans will serve as a consultant to the President of Minor League Baseball on umpiring-related matters, including special event...â€

Are we seeing some Quid Pro Quo OR some lawyer deals?

Any one have any inside poop on this?

Were some deals cut in regards to Jim Evans lawsuit?

I am sponsoring one of our young umpires at The Umpire School this Jan and noticed that Justin was not on the staff anymore.

I know Justin is running replay in NY BUT and Jim now has a position in MILB:

â€œMinor League Baseball hired Jim Evans as Umpire Advisor, a new special advisor position created by MiLB. In his role as a special advisor for the league, Evans will serve as a consultant to the President of Minor League Baseball on umpiring-related matters, including special event...â€

Are we seeing some Quid Pro Quo OR some lawyer deals?

Any one have any inside poop on this?

When I was at umpire school last year Justin announced his resignation from PBUC because he was taking the job with Major League baseball in the replay booth.