The Foul Tip

Rulekeep
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3519 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

The format looks fine to me, but the content seems a bit weak :wave:

I'm typing up a new post right now, thankya. Even though I should be doing Spanish homework. :no:

Â¡So post en Español!

Nah, I'm not that good yet. But maybe in the future.

I'm typing up a new post right now, thankya. Even though I should be doing Spanish homework. :no:

¡So post en Español!

Nah, I'm not that good yet. But maybe in the future.

I've lots of experience in the blogging community. Here are a few thoughts:

Your layout is great. It's clean and simple. Over cluttering a blog is the biggest mistake made, imo.

In my opinion, you're making a mistake by coming at your topic from a youth standpoint. Come at it from an experience level without mentioning age and you'll avoid the pitfalls of it. One: it can (not that it does) come across as condescending. Age is a touchy issue with some and not very pc to mention. (pc is an issue in big education) Two: you're limiting your audience as there are plenty of new older umpires. Three: When you mention age people notice age, including yours.

Overall, you've started a nice blog there. It's not a type I've run across before, which is extremely hard to do so props to you.

The best advice I ever got from a top blogger turned TV host is: write as you speak.

¡So post en Español!

Nah, I'm not that good yet. But maybe in the future.I've lots of experience in the blogging community. Here are a few thoughts:

Your layout is great. It's clean and simple. Over cluttering a blog is the biggest mistake made, imo.

In my opinion, you're making a mistake by coming at your topic from a youth standpoint. Come at it from an experience level without mentioning age and you'll avoid the pitfalls of it. One: it can (not that it does) come across as condescending. Age is a touchy issue with some and not very pc to mention. (pc is an issue in big education) Two: you're limiting your audience as there are plenty of new older umpires. Three: When you mention age people notice age, including yours.

Overall, you've started a nice blog there. It's not a type I've run across before, which is extremely hard to do so props to you.

The best advice I ever got from a top blogger turned TV host is: write as you speak.I do write as I speak.

And well that may have not been the greatest topic, it is supposed to be very obvious that the blog is by a teenager...

Today's Spanish lesson:

Beisbol bin berry berry good to me.

-Chico Escuela 1978

Actually it's 

"Hola, senorita. Como te llamas? Me llamo Mike, me llamo Mike! Donde es el bano? Felix cumpleanos. Que hora es, que hora es?

Me gusta el bibliotecta, viva en la case roja, Yo tengo dos bicicletas, mucha gracias y de nada, Cuantos anos (there's supposed to be a tilde there I swear) tienes? Uno momento por favor. Es la de un semestre de español, canción de amor españolaMi mama es bonita, mi gato es muy blanco. Perdoneme, perdoneme. Uno,  dos, tres, y cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez. No remembero how to say eleven. Antonio Banderas, nachos grande y cinnamon twists..." you get the point. It's bad.

i do a little blog my self:  www.amateurumpire.wordpress.com   I started it mainly as a testing ground for SEO strategy that I was getting involved in with my real job - if you google "umpire blog" i'm generally in the top 3 (i'd love anyone outside of nj to test that for me and let me know if its true everywhere if if my nj location is influencing the results). Anyway, i'd be honored if any of you would follow my blog.

This is a test run. Let me know what you guys think of the idea and if you have any more ideas for articles. I'm still working on the site.

The Foul Tip Newspaper

It's school project, just nod and say it looks great.

I'm assuming this is in 'draft' format? Uh, no...

you have some grammatical errors .....

This is a test run. Let me know what you guys think of the idea and if you have any more ideas for articles. I'm still working on the site.

The Foul Tip Newspaper

It's school project, just nod and say it looks great.

I'm assuming this is in 'draft' format? Uh, no...

you have some grammatical errors .....

I'm sorry.

i do a little blog my self:  www.amateurumpire.wordpress.com   I started it mainly as a testing ground for SEO strategy that I was getting involved in with my real job - if you google "umpire blog" i'm generally in the top 3 (i'd love anyone outside of nj to test that for me and let me know if its true everywhere if if my nj location is influencing the results). Anyway, i'd be honored if any of you would follow my blog.

#1 Result here in AZ....