withdrawls

JasonPalo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3530 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Don't know about you guys, but man its been a while since I've been out on the field, got an email the other day about doing a tournament next weekend and I jumped on it can't wait.

• Like 2

Been a long summer. Haven't had many games to call. I have 5 this weekend :D :D :D.

Ive spent my evening re-shining my shoes, re-washing uniforms and TW pads (fyi: TWs float), re-checking my motherlode to be sure everything is there. I even shined a buddy's shoes just so I had something to do. 11:15am cant get here soon enough!!!!!

• Like 1

Been a long summer. Haven't had many games to call. I have 5 this weekend :D :D :D.

Ive spent my evening re-shining my shoes, re-washing uniforms and TW pads (fyi: TWs float), re-checking my motherlode to be sure everything is there. I even shined a buddy's shoes just so I had something to do. 11:15am cant get here soon enough!!!!!

You mean four, right ?

@umpstu

Holland! Land of the dykes.

Hated it!

(Remember Men on vacation from the In Living Color show?)

It's Netherlands man. They hate to be called Holland. At least the ones I worked with in Afghanistan did. They were heavily armed. I was not. I called it Netherlands. Your mileage may vary.

Have fun and stay out of Amsterdam's head shops and red light district. Unless your into that sort of thing. We expect a full report of your baseball activities upon your return please.

• Like 2

You mean four, right ?yes. Now. :(

@umpstu

Holland! Land of the dykes.

Hated it!

(Remember Men on vacation from the In Living Color show?)

It's Netherlands man. They hate to be called Holland. At least the ones I worked with in Afghanistan did. They were heavily armed. I was not. I called it Netherlands. Your mileage may vary.

Have fun and stay out of Amsterdam's head shops and red light district. Unless your into that sort of thing. We expect a full report of your baseball activities upon your return please.

Not much of a chance at the red light. Been married to a Dutch girl for 21 years and this is the first time I have been. Have met most of her relatives and am actually getting pretty stoked about going. The flight will suck, though. I remember the flights to Tokyo and back when I was stationed in Hawaii. I'm thinking the game is going to be like a Sunday men's league as they usually have somebody from their team umpire, but hey.

@umpstu

Awesome. Have fun and don't suck.

@JasonPalo. @Jocko

and everyone else

Got back on the field after three week break for 3 Mexican/Hispanic Men's League games today. The playoffs. 9 innings with no run rules. All 3 games would have been run rules but for playoff no run rule rule change from season. Tensions were high at beginning of each game but after one team started rolling the drama decreased measurably. Lots of hot chicas and mamasita's watching to take our minds off the pain of the games.

I wish the baseball was better but it was great to work games after the break AND we get paid in cash at the plate. Will come in handy for my 9 state Mountain Biking/Camping trip with my 27 year old son starting next weekend. It will include Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame, along with Acadia National Park in Maine and at least three IMBA Epic Mountain Bike Parks/Trails. Cannot wait!

• Like 4

@umpstu

@JasonPalo. @Jocko

and everyone else

Got back on the field after three week break for 3 Mexican/Hispanic Men's League games today. The playoffs. 9 innings with no run rules. All 3 games would have been run rules but for playoff no run rule rule change from season. Tensions were high at beginning of each game but after one team started rolling the drama decreased measurably. Lots of hot chicas and mamasita's watching to take our minds off the pain of the games.

I wish the baseball was better but it was great to work games after the break AND we get paid in cash at the plate. Will come in handy for my 9 state Mountain Biking/Camping trip with my 27 year old son starting next weekend. It will include Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame, along with Acadia National Park in Maine and at least three IMBA Epic Mountain Bike Parks/Trails. Cannot wait!

Now that sounds like a great vacation. Enjoy yourself Majordave.

@umpstu

@JasonPalo. @Jocko

and everyone else

have fun on your trip Señor !