OMG he made it ESPN

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3545 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Young umpires DO NOT hold your indicator in you right hand, allow your shirt to remain untucked, wear your hat backwards, wear field shoes behind the plate  BUT always try have as much fun as this guy is when you umpire!

Funny stuff.

Thanks @JaxRolo

Wonder how the NJSIAA feel about him carrying on the way with their patch on his sleeve.

He doesn't have sunglasses on his hat, so he's ok. :wave: 'Cuse?!

tumblr_n9lx298R1v1tgrxapo1_400.jpg

It was a memo sent out to all NJSIAA officials this season that sunglasses were to be worn on the face only. For players and umpires. 

Wonder how the NJSIAA feel about him carrying on the way with their patch on his sleeve.

He doesn't have sunglasses on his hat, so he's ok. :wave:'Cuse?!

It was a memo sent out to all NJSIAA officials this season that sunglasses were to be worn on the face only. For players and umpires. Thought he was making a jab.

But geez that's terrible wtf

He doesn't have sunglasses on his hat, so he's ok. :wave: 'Cuse?!

It was a memo sent out to all NJSIAA officials this season that sunglasses were to be worn on the face only. For players and umpires. 

Because everybody knows that wearing your glasses on your cap takes so much away from the game.

• Like 2

In other news, I like how they have the yellow snake around the top of the inside of the dugout so we all know that is still in play..

Yep - or so you don't cut yourself on the fence.  Whatever . . .

Eh, if the teams are OK with it, then let them all have some fun.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

This ^^^^^

Nothing to be embarrassed about.  He was asked to "spice" up the game, he is respectful in that he checks with players and coaches to make sure no one has any objections with his punch outs.

Might not be EVERYONE'S cup of tea, but it works for him, the players and the rest of the league.

Live and let live.

• Like 1

In other news, I like how they have the yellow snake around the top of the inside of the dugout so we all know that is still in play..

Yep - or so you don't cut yourself on the fence.  Whatever . . .

Small pet peeve of local fields putting the stuff Everywhere... "Look at us! We are a baseball field!"

I seem to remember that baseball was supposed to be FUN.

This is rec league with nothing on the line, no scouts, no scholarships waiting nothing but a few hours of fun.

Sure looks like everyone is having fun to me.

• Like 5

Young umpires DO NOT hold your indicator in you right hand, allow your shirt to remain untucked, wear your hat backwards, wear field shoes behind the plate BUT always try have as much fun as this guy is when you umpire!

Funny stuff.

Thanks @JaxRolo

I don't see how anyone could do this job if they weren't having fun, I do this because I love it and have fun. My parents said they hadn't seen me smile for years until they went to a game I was doing, if you aren't having fun while umpiring SOMETHING IS WRONG!

Young umpires DO NOT hold your indicator in you right hand, allow your shirt to remain untucked, wear your hat backwards, wear field shoes behind the plate BUT always try have as much fun as this guy is when you umpire!

Funny stuff.

Thanks @JaxRolo

I don't see how anyone could do this job if they weren't having fun, I do this because I love it and have fun. My parents said they hadn't seen me smile for years until they went to a game I was doing, if you aren't having fun while umpiring SOMETHING IS WRONG! Doing a hundred squats an hour, focusing until your head hurts, and getting yelled at sure is a strange way to have fun.

Well I guess we're all strange people.

I _sooooooo_ want to send him one of my surplus Navy shirts (and some other colors while I'm at it)... His has turned purple it's faded so badly.

I give him an A for effort, but an "Incomplete" for execution – no plate shoes, shirt untucked, and I know exactly why he's got his hat backwards – because he uses an HSM. I give him points for actually using a hat, but he should look into getting a 1" - 1.5" brim "beanie" hat.

His punch-outs are Entertainment Value enhancements, pure and simple. This is rec ball, and these are adults playing.

I take points away for the hat. Despite some umpires' preference, a hat is simply not needed or practical when wearing a bucket.

I still remember some states where they de facto banned helmets by claiming umpires were out of uniform by not wearing a hat. It was all about hatred for the bucket...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm glad I'll never have him as a partner.  I don't care what kind of baseball it is.  It's baseball and the game should be respected.  He's getting paid to do this and he should act accordingly.  Unfortunately, he got his "15 minutes" or 2:36 seconds.  Quite frankly, as an umpire, I find this embarrassing.

Just my :2cents:...

• Like 1

I take points away for the hat. Despite some umpires' preference, a hat is simply not needed or practical when wearing a bucket.

I still remember some states where they de facto banned helmets by claiming umpires were out of uniform by not wearing a hat. It was all about hatred for the bucket...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Alabama was one of those states, but then decided to allow the bucket IF you wore a hat. The hat requirement has since been done away with.