#s 2 and 3 on the season

Pete Peterson Sr
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3542 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

17-19 y/o Dizzy Dean State Tournament semi-final game. Visitors up 3-0 in the bottom of six. HT scores two, with two out and R2. Base hit to left-center, R8 makes a great play on the ball, and the relay comes to the plate. Runner never checks up, leads with a forearm trying to go through F2. Out three, Simple Simon ejection.

Bottom of seventh. 3-2, with R1. R1 attempts a steal on a high pitch. Batter clearly checks his swing, As F2 throws, the batter(RH) rolls toward the third base line, to prevent interfering. Throw does not retire R1. DHC says "He went around (although I had already called "No, he did not go") check him ! I oblige and check with my partner, who confirms that the batter did not offer. At this point I hear from the dugout "That's horrible. Just horrible. You're horrible", and it wasn't said in a conversational tone, either. I look into the dugout and make eye contact with an Ass coach, who tells me "Yeah, I said you're horrible". Needless to say, off came the mask, and out went the ass. He first thought he would stand at the 1B gate. When informed that he would not, he chose to go into the street running past LF, and continued his tirade about how awful my partner and I were. Partner takes the ball from F1, and tells the HC that we will resume when this jackass is out of sight and sound. HC replies "He's a grown man, I can't make him do anything", at which point the age-group Director from DD told the coach that he had one minute to get rid of him, or the Director would forfeit the game. Needless to say, HC suddenly WAS able to do something about it. Home team scores two runs to win in the bottom of 7.

The one humorous part was a fan from the home team said "He lives there, Blue. Let's play baseball. He does not live there. The house he was in front of was previously owned by Pete Jr, and the ass coach was not the purchaser when Jr sold the house !

• Like 4

Thats flippin funny right there!  :rollinglaugh:

And for some reason, a mental picture just popped in my head of the mask comming off followed by a big hook.   Then complete silence moments later. :violin:

I look into the dugout and make eye contact with an Ass coach, who tells me "Yeah, I said you're horrible". Needless to say, off came the mask, and out went the ass.

The one humorous part was a fan from the home team said "He lives there, Blue. Let's play baseball. He does not live there. The house he was in front of was previously owned by Pete Jr, and the ass coach was not the purchaser when Jr sold the house !