"Time"

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3578 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm putting moderator hat on. This thread and many of its participants have gone over to the childish name calling side.

I hereby issue warnings to all the childish name callers. (Go back and read your posts and replies). No further admonitions. Sanctions will be issued for any further participants.

• Like 3

I'm putting moderator hat on. This thread and many of its participants have gone over to the childish name calling side.

I hereby issue warnings to all the childish name callers. (Go back and read your posts and replies). No further admonitions. Sanctions will be issued for any further participants.

Fixed it for ya! :wave:

Explicitly required hand signals? Really? Show me in ANY manual that talks about hand signals to communicate with your partner other than for IF? Do you not understand the "1-2 steps" reasoning for taking calls at 1b from the "A" position?

OPEN YOUR MIND.

I would refer you to the Alabama High School Athletic Association Umpire Manual.

• Like 2

Explicitly required hand signals? Really? Show me in ANY manual that talks about hand signals to communicate with your partner other than for IF? Do you not understand the "1-2 steps" reasoning for taking calls at 1b from the "A" position?

OPEN YOUR MIND.

I would refer you to the Alabama High School Athletic Association Umpire Manual.

Also, the PBUC "Manual for the Two Umpire System", known as the Red Book. For example, section 4.9, Time Plays, R2 and 2 outs: "The two umpires would alert each other to this situation with a prearranged inconspicuous signal before each batter comes to bat when there is a runner on 2nd base and 2 out. (A commonly used signal is to indicate 2 out then to point to home plate. Both umpires would signal this)."

But maybe PBUC just hasn't opened its mind enough.

• Like 2

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3578 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.