Pleasantly surprised

ALStripes17
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3634 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So I was told that I was in the 50th percentile of all district officials in regards to my state classification score for baseball and am eligible for playoffs.

The odd thing is I have been calling 2 years and have only attended our district camp and taken our classification test. It amazes me that so many other officials have been doing it for 3+ years and don't attend a short camp (10 pts), don't ask for evaluations (25 pts), and don't take a test (30 pts) to name a few easy items.

An on file eval and good test score alone would put a vet official ahead of me. The lack of care surprised me slightly.

So I was told that I was in the 50th percentile of all district officials in regards to my state classification score for baseball and am eligible for playoffs.

The odd thing is I have been calling 2 years and have only attended our district camp and taken our classification test. It amazes me that so many other officials have been doing it for 3+ years and don't attend a short camp (10 pts), don't ask for evaluations (25 pts), and don't take a test (30 pts) to name a few easy items.

An on file eval and good test score alone would put a vet official ahead of me. The lack of care surprised me slightly.

But did you get an assignment ? We had something like 38 guys in our association who were "eligible". Of course, not all of them were chosen.

Yeah! Ended up getting called for an assignment but had to turn it down bc of Easter weekend plans that could not be rearranged :(

My association has been really good to me. Cant complain at all.

50th percentile is AL's requirement for playoff eligibility. Got my eval this season which will count towards next season's score, so I figured next season would be my playoff time haha

Yeah! Ended up getting called for an assignment but had to turn it down bc of Easter weekend plans that could not be rearranged :(

Bummer. I am CC at one of our contracted schools, hosting another of our contracted schools. I haveone of our best young umpires as a second, and a gentleman from another assc in our district, who is honestly past his prime.

• Like 1

Bummer. I am CC at one of our contracted schools, hosting another of our contracted schools. I haveone of our best young umpires as a second, and a gentleman from another assc in our district, who is honestly past his prime.

Put him in the rocking chair first! Haha

• Like 1

If it's 3-man, put him on the plate.  I'd rather have a crappy plate job than butchered 3-man mechanics.  Make the kid the rabbit and have fun out there.  Your job is to push the PU to 3rd when appropriate. :)

If it's 3-man, put him on the plate.  I'd rather have a crappy plate job than butchered 3-man mechanics.  Make the kid the rabbit and have fun out there.  Your job is to push the PU to 3rd when appropriate. :)

I never read the word "crappy" in Pete's post.

Who are you calling crappy?

• Like 1

Due to the changes in our mechanics, the only time that becomes appropriate is when a bases-empty gapper gets behind the OF...SMDH.

I intend to kick off the dance, and have the kid close it out in the "if" game, if it comes to that. Right now, I am concerned about the 40% chance of rain for Friday. I'm ready to rock this thing, and I really do not want Mother Nature to interfere.