New LL Reg

mstaylor
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3753 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I do not have a new LL rulebook yet, anybody have any info on the new reg that says you can play in the league that your school is in, even if that is your home league. I had at least 10 coaches asking me about it. I know this isn't an umpire question but some here are also administrators.

• Like 1

I do not have a new LL rulebook yet, anybody have any info on the new reg that says you can play in the league that your school is in, even if that is your home league. I had at least 10 coaches asking me about it. I know this isn't an umpire question but some here are also administrators.

That's pretty much the whole of it.

So the basic question asked of me is if the parents live in league A's boundary but attend school in league B's boundary, can they move. The other problem is there are three in town high schools, three in town leagues. The problem is one school is in one league's boundary, the other two are in the another, but the third league has none. There is a fourth league that feeds one of the two in the same league boundary. So basically using the schools, they could stack two leagues and decimate two others. It could also completely change the HS team picture.

• Like 1

They have the choice to use residency or school for the league they want to play in now.

Do you really think Little League cares about HS Team Picture!!!!

Her in Calif if you play HS Ball, your not allowed to play any other ball till your season is over.

Primary reason we start Seniors and Big League late and push hard to get 15 games in before the post season tournaments begin.

So the basic question asked of me is if the parents live in league A's boundary but attend school in league B's boundary, can they move.

Yes. They can play in either A or B without a waiver. After they've played in B, they can use a IID waiver to continue playing in B when they attend a school outside of B's boundary (say, in C's boundary). 

The other problem is there are three in town high schools, three in town leagues. The problem is one school is in one league's boundary, the other two are in the another, but the third league has none. There is a fourth league that feeds one of the two in the same league boundary. So basically using the schools, they could stack two leagues and decimate two others. It could also completely change the HS team picture.

Right. It's a bad idea.

You have it right, Mike… This has actually helped our league a lot… There are three LL programs in the county… One area in our school district's boundaries is represented by a different league. This has led students to just not play spring ball and wait until PONY in the summer when they can play with the majority of their friends.

I've also gotten at least four or five emails regarding it.