3rdGENump
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
  • LocationNebraska
  • Your Association Name :ASA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

There are a few places I could put this as it would hit here, War Stories, and Funny Topics.

I always wear my NuttyBuddy... I had not tested it until last night.

I was the PU and it was the bottom of the first inning with a runner on 2nd. The batter swung at a pitch in the dirt, and did not make contact, the ball bounced up hit my NuttyBuddy (loud crack sound) and rolled out toward the pitcher. The batter thought she hit the ball and ran to first while the runner at second went to third. I called time and instructed the batter to return to bat (because she did not hit the ball). It quickly became mass confusion as no one but myself knew what actually happened. The HT coach came out and asked why I was bringing the girl back to bat when she hit the ball. I told the coach that the ball hit my cup not the bat... His reply, how are you able to stand here and talk to me??? Shouldn't you be on the ground in pain???

I let him know I was wearing a NuttyBuddy, the best cup money can buy and this was the first time I have tested it out. I was still somewhat in shock myself that it performed so well and I had hardly felt the hit.

He said, Ok I guess we will have to go with your call and play on... and turned around and walked to the dugout. Everyone else in the park was still confused.

My partner knew what happened and was in the field laughing the whole time. He was kind enough to remove his hat and place it over his heart with a big grin on his face... After the game he asked what kind of cup I was wearing and I said a NuttyBuddy. He is now going to be ordering one in the next couple days!!!

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

#2 JaxRolo

JaxRolo

Dream Crusher

• Premium Members
  • 9,782 posts
  • Joined 24-January 10
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Your Association Name :River City Umpires and Ump Nation

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Great!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

I used to be a really good Baseball Player until my eyes started going bad. So I became an Umpire!

River City Umpires Association - Webmaster
Umps 4 Hire - Webmaster

Ump Nation Umpire

Roy Hobbs World Series
FHSAA Baseball Umpire
Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball Certified

#3 johnnyg08

johnnyg08
  • Moderators
  • 4,684 posts
  • Joined 13-February 11

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

There are a few places I could put this as it would hit here, War Stories, and Funny Topics.

I was the PU and it was the bottom of the first inning with a runner on 2nd. The batter swung at a pitch in the dirt, and did not make contact, the ball bounced up hit my NuttyBuddy (loud crack sound) and rolled out toward the pitcher. The batter thought she hit the ball and ran to first while the runner at second went to third. I called time and instructed the batter to return to bat (because she did not hit the ball). It quickly became mass confusion as no one but myself knew what actually happened. The HT coach came out and asked why I was bringing the girl back to bat when she hit the ball. I told the coach that the ball hit my cup not the bat... His reply, how are you able to stand here and talk to me??? Shouldn't you be on the ground in pain???

I let him know I was wearing a NuttyBuddy, the best cup money can buy and this was the first time I have tested it out. I was still somewhat in shock myself that it performed so well and I had hardly felt the hit.

He said, Ok I guess we will have to go with your call and play on... and turned around and walked to the dugout. Everyone else in the park was still confused.

My partner knew what happened and was in the field laughing the whole time. He was kind enough to remove his hat and place it over his heart with a big grin on his face... After the game he asked what kind of cup I was wearing and I said a NuttyBuddy. He is now going to be ordering one in the next couple days!!!

Send that story to Nutty Buddy. They love getting those stories! They will probably post it on their website.
I'm not where I need to be, but not where I used to be.

#4 BRUMP

BRUMP
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

It's the best equipment investment any umpire can make.

"If you can't umpire hungover, you can't umpire." - American League Umpire Don Denkinger

#5 th3

th3
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Joined 10-June 09
  • LocationNJ
  • Your Association Name :NJSBUA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

im in love with mine

#6 JaxRolo

JaxRolo

Dream Crusher

• Premium Members
  • 9,782 posts
  • Joined 24-January 10
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Your Association Name :River City Umpires and Ump Nation

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

A buddy of mine got hit oh his Non-Nutty Buddy and was on his knees.

I told him he needed a Nutty Buddy and he said it didn't really hurt that much! :shakehead:

I used to be a really good Baseball Player until my eyes started going bad. So I became an Umpire!

River City Umpires Association - Webmaster
Umps 4 Hire - Webmaster

Ump Nation Umpire

Roy Hobbs World Series
FHSAA Baseball Umpire
Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball Certified

#7 Dannytheman

Dannytheman
  • Members
  • 1,047 posts
  • Joined 21-June 12
  • LocationLos Angles, Peoples Republic of California

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

There were three nuts in this story, I'm glad the important 2 are in good shape!! :yippie: :rollinglaugh:

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it! :meditation:

#8 Pete Peterson Sr

Pete Peterson Sr

Resident Old Man

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • Joined 09-December 08
  • LocationTrussville, Alabama
  • Your Association Name :AHSAA, AUA, MBUA, GSUA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

In a varsity game in 2011, I chose (for some unknown reason) to wear my old banana cup, rather than my Nutty Buddy. In the third, the banana rode up on me. I told myself that I would re-position it after this pitch. Batter fouls it straight back, F2 whiffs on it, and guess where it stopped ? You got it. After about 5 minutes to swallow them back down, play resumed. I threw the banana away, and have only my Buddy to protect me now.

"If you like having every close decision you make criticized, if you like doing your job surrounded by thousands of people ready to blame you for the mistakes of others, every one of them believing they can do your job better than you can, and if you don't mind the only response you get for a job done absolutely perfectly being silence, then maybe you'd like being an umpire" - Ken Kaiser

#9 3rdGENump

3rdGENump
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
  • LocationNebraska
  • Your Association Name :ASA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

The NuttyBuddy is truly a the best money I have spend on umpire equipment.

I was cleaning up my equipment this weekend to get ready for games tonight and thought I better take a look at my NuttyBuddy to make sure it did not suffer any damage from the hit... well now I have a "NuttyBud".

I must have gotten hit on the end of the NuttyBuddy logo and it took the "dy" off!!!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users