• Administrators
  • 8,985 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI
  • Your Association Name :NBSA / NFWB / MHSAA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

http://www.closecall...-angels-as.html

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

#2 BRUMP

BRUMP
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Well at least he can blame the punchout on strike two on the concussion. Also, why did Iassogna wear blue when the rest of the crew was wearing black?? Dont they have all their equipment with them? I have seen a blue jersey worn with black jacket w/ blue stripes but everyone was in short sleeves for this game.

"If you can't umpire hungover, you can't umpire." - American League Umpire Don Denkinger

#3 Gil: Owner - UEFL

Gil: Owner - UEFL
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Joined 09-September 11

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

You are correct. The blue shirt (plate) and black shirt (base) is not a permissible crew uniform combination per the MLB Umpires Uniform Policy. To save space, some umpires may not carry all items, especially on get-away day.

Posted Image
- Gil
- - Owner of Close Call Sports & the MLB Umpire Ejection Fantasy League
- - Objectively tracking & analyzing umpire ejections and their corresponding calls, with great regard for the rules and spirit of the game, since 2006.

#4 Umpire in Chief

Umpire in Chief

Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,125 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08
  • LocationMoyock, NC
  • Your Association Name :EVOA, CIAA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Gil, Do you have another higher res copy of this pic I'm trying to read the undue commercialization portion, and of course I'm an umpire so my eyes don't work well enough to get through all of it.

Warren

#5 Gil: Owner - UEFL

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • Joined 09-September 11

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

Unfortunately, I can't find another high resolution photo of just that section; however...

Undue Commercialization

No umpire shall, on his own behalf or through any agent or representative, enter into any contract or agreement pursuant to which in exchange for any form of consideration, any umpire wears or endorses any form of on field apparel or equipment including but not limited to eyewear, footwear or protective equipment, while employed in his on field umpiring duties or while at any Major League or Minor League ballpark.

If the Office of the Commissioner grants prior written consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, an umpire may sponsor or permit his name, signature, autobiography, biography, biographical information and/or likeness to be used to create a personal endorsement by an umpire or for other commercial purposes, provided, however, that there is no implied endorsement by the Office of the Commissioner, any other central baseball entity or any Major League club. The Office of the Commissioner shall deny consent only in circumstances in which it determines that the commercial activity by the umpire is cnotrary to the business interests of Major League Baseball, a central baseball entity or a Major League club. Moreover, this provision shall not require prior consent for the publication or creation of an umpire's biography or autobiography or a personal interview that is contingent with Article --.
- Gil
- - Objectively tracking & analyzing umpire ejections and their corresponding calls, with great regard for the rules and spirit of the game, since 2006.

#6 Haid D' Salaami

Haid D' Salaami
  • Members
  • 1,320 posts
  • Joined 30-November 11

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

I know in NCAA the PU and the BU can wear different colors..as long as the BU all match. It never happens that much

#7 BRUMP

BRUMP
  • Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

I know in NCAA the PU and the BU can wear different colors..as long as the BU all match. It never happens that much

thats a horrible look

"If you can't umpire hungover, you can't umpire." - American League Umpire Don Denkinger

#8 hbk314

hbk314
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 20-September 11

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Rough few days for this crew...

Dale Scott took a foul ball to the mask and left the game last night.

Which leaves them with this crew for tonight:

HP: Dan Iassogna. 1B: D.J. Reyburn. 2B: Mike Muchlinski. 3B: CB Bucknor.

#9 Haid D' Salaami

Haid D' Salaami
  • Members
  • 1,320 posts
  • Joined 30-November 11

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

thats a horrible look

really?... I really dont care..and I dont think i umpire any difference...

its no difference if a PU is in short sleeve and BU in half jacket right?

#10 Gil: Owner - UEFL

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • Joined 09-September 11

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

The blue (alternate) shirt & rain slicker (black windbreaker) is an acceptable combination, even if the slicker (windbreaker) is worn with sleeves detached.
- Gil

#11 BRUMP

BRUMP
  • Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

thats a horrible look

really?... I really dont care..and I dont think i umpire any difference...

its no difference if a PU is in short sleeve and BU in half jacket right?

i dont like it...i just think it looks like the pu is being singled out like a referee in football compared to the other officials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users