Assault Laws

BRUMP
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4269 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I don't carry a firearm ( nothing political intended )but I do keep a little metal bat called Little Thumper in my passengers floorboard. Not as good as a gun, but in a pinch could inflict some serious damage.

I have 1000 posts.

Little off topic...Carolina, while carrying a loaded gun (no permit) in a vehicle is a misdemeanor, carrying your "little thumper" is a felony as it would probably be classified as a "billy club." Don't ask why - its California!

Wow Alabama must be heaven compared to jersey. Ive lost count of how many times I've been told to be expecting visitors in the parking lot. And I've been told that I'd have my ass kicked about 5 times. And once (this is in the ejection forum) I had a pitch counter thrown at me. It says a lot about the respect in Alabama for officials because I'm sure you have been doing this longer than me trout. (4yrs)

Wait a sec, how old are you? YoungNJBlue insinuates youth......

I only meant that NJ is worse than Alabama with regards to insane people and the SH*# that umpires have to put up with especially at the lower levels. I said trout has encuntered less abuse than me and Im sure that he has umpired for longer than I have. I have been umpiring for four years.

No, I meant YoungNJ... Threatening and throwing a pitch counter at a youth official is 100% ridiculous and absurd.

Wow Alabama must be heaven compared to jersey. Ive lost count of how many times I've been told to be expecting visitors in the parking lot. And I've been told that I'd have my ass kicked about 5 times. And once (this is in the ejection forum) I had a pitch counter thrown at me. It says a lot about the respect in Alabama for officials because I'm sure you have been doing this longer than me trout. (4yrs)

Wait a sec, how old are you? YoungNJBlue insinuates youth......

I only meant that NJ is worse than Alabama with regards to insane people and the SH*# that umpires have to put up with especially at the lower levels. I said trout has encuntered less abuse than me and Im sure that he has umpired for longer than I have. I have been umpiring for four years.

No, I meant YoungNJ... Threatening and throwing a pitch counter at a youth official is 100% ridiculous and absurd.

I'm 17 but the incident happened about 18 months ago. http://umpire-empire.com/index.php/topic/40515-has-this-ever-happened-to-you/

I would too. I am 17 as well. I'm not saying that a good official at 16 or 17 couldn't handle threats appropriately, but the fact that some goons try to intimidate teens who are a third of their age is disgusting.

This was a year and a half ago and I was much more timid. I would have just drove away had that happened to me now.